1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This year's not lost YET ....Either way, some silver linings....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know many of y'all are feeling pretty down right now, but here's the lay of the land as I see it, along with some silver linings.

Once he got healthy, and acclimated,Russell Westbrook has shown huge both offensively and defensively. Also, a willingness to adjust his game, eliminating those horrible threes, and many of the turnovers. Much more efficient ...The guy is playing like a top 6-8 player every night now.
    Before folks start complaining about us losing since he's gotten right....
    Russ's becoming has coincided with Harden's injury..So, the final product has become really distorted/hard to evaluate for many, as these two haven't been healthy together yet.
    Whatever is going on with James(knee?), they need to make the commitment and deal with it. However much time he misses...so be it.
    When these two are tip top, it's going to be special.

Eric Gordon has finally battled all the way back from yet another serious injury, and has returned to form in a big way...his all star talent on display. That said, I firmly believe he belongs in his sixth man role if James is healthy. It maximizes his efficiency while minimizing that downside risk of further injury. (I'm assuming he gets dealt next year)

Just as with James and RW...these three are yet to be 100% at the same time.

That right there is huge...Tons of upside for our Rockets when this happens.

Now, we were always going to be reloading to some degree on the fly. So, the NBA putting the kabosh on the NeNe deal, and what would have been the Shumpert signing didn't help our flexibility at all...leaving us with big holes.
    That said, we're approaching the time of year where we should pick up a couple of forwards.(including our starting 3) One via trade, and another buyout. I see this team getting that length and perimeter D/rebounding that is so desperately needed to help balance things out.

We have role players that will be more than adequate doing what is required once we have the other pieces, and everyone else is healthy.

Rivers, McLemore, and House. Harty has shown he can play. Thabo has looked better of late, and I submit when we get more length, and he's not played out of position all the time, he'll also look MUCH better.

* * Tucker's injury is really concerning..not sure when ..or IF he gets back....where we need him to be.

I'm sure there are no shortage of opinions on how MDA and Tilman will impact all this.

Daryl is a constant. We wouldn't be here without him. I know many fear his hands will be tied. We.shall. see.

Lots of balls up in the air right now.

Hang in there everybody, and....Go Rockets!

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

Daryl isn’t Daryl anymore. His hands are tied and Tilman is the ultimate decision maker. I don’t know what I’m talking about but I’m pretty sure this is the case.

4. rockets13champs

I feel like someone in the front office wrote this. So this confirms hardens injury. He should not be trying to play with this. He moved around well to start but he ended up not moving well later in the game. Something is clearly bothering him mentally, along with this injury

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You can't be satisfied with silver linings when you are going for the GOLD!

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The best silver lining is that the WB trade happened, we managed to extend that Harden window by 4 yrs at least.

The Rox still figure to make some noise in the playoffs but will likely get destroyed by either of the LA teams...unless they meet Portland or OKC and Rox somehow gets outcoached and upset. That aint so bad. It could be alot worse.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just flat out LOL.

If only moral victories and silver linings actually mattered in the real world.

In the real world, this team has a whole god damn bunch of flaws.

Many of which they cannot fix.

It is not going to be a pleasant end to this season.

There is not much hope for the actual future with this team in the short term, and quite frankly even in the long term with this ownership.

There's no silver linings about this franchise right now whatsoever.

Slimfa and vick like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Russ ain't staying here 4 years, my inkling is he'll definitely be requesting a trade to a team who gives a sh*t like he does.

Little Bit, vick and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We are gonna make the playoffs just to end with another early exit. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

who are these forwards that you think we are going to get?

I agree that all is not lost because as long as we get healthy before the playoffs we could probably beat anyone outside of the lakers.

Russ is definitely a top 6-8 player and even better than harden at times. EG is still a stud. but at the end of the day house and ben mac aren't good enough to guard the perimeter against all stars. that's what it all comes down to. We lose that matchup every time in the playoffs.

Our window is not closed yet. but we may have to wait till next year for a big trade. Russell Westbrook in a spread offense is a beast. Capela is going to be dealt by this summer.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This year is done. Kobe's death equals Lakers winning the championship. This league is setting that up.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We didn't develop any young players other than Harty and he had not been playing much either.

There goes that silver, bronze lining.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That tragedy has ruined the season for me. Peace.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hate that it happened. Really wanted to see Kobe's hall of fame speech and accomplish the goals he set as a father. It all just faltered and now Lebron is talking about taking the NBA farther... too me it's already scripted.

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. vick

vick Member

Right now, the Rockets are not even good enough to be called Fool's Gold.

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Instead of falling into traps leading to buzzing hardenhaters, coronavirus, moreyfreedom, hk bangbang etc. i choose to click in see some silver linings in terms of this franchise, cuz I'm a rox fan, this is a b-ball forum, first and foremost

[​IMG]

hakeem94, D-rock, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yes, Tilman not letting Daryl do his job absolutely confirms Harden's injury! Excellent detective work, Columbo!

hakeem94, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

usually a silver lining is Morey when things are a bit tough, but unfortunately a terrible owner doesn't let him do his job and instead is tasked with ducking the LT

topfive likes this.
  20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

I know we never wish for other teams to have an injury - I’ll just throw out there that an injury or two totally reshapes the playoff picture. It’s a long season- and sometimes it’s a war of attrition.

hakeem94 likes this.