1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You just answered your own question. If Leonard, KD and Curry are not turning up one year and still winning, that must mean they have good enough support to win without their main player performing at their best. Besides, look at that Warriors team. They've pretty much had 3 to 4 all-stars every time the Rockets have matched up against them. It's not like he's playing against a scrub team. Even that Spurs team were pretty much still stacked.

So you're blaming Harden because he couldn't beat 4 all-stars by himself? He still dropped 30 plus points in both games. Ariza went 6/18 in game 6 and then went 0/12 in game 7. Green also went 1/7 in game 7. If you're going to nitpick on Harden's 2/13 3pt shooting in game 7, then you also have to blame Gordon's 2/12 3pt shooting.

I guess it's easier to blame Harden for our defeats and nobody else.

Nick_713, joshuaao, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for providing a clear example of what I mean. Truly appreciate your contribution to this thread.

mikol13, hakeem94 and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  4. AXG

AXG Member

Harden is too lax at times, especially when things aren't going well. I like that Westbrook is trying to light a fire to get him going. He's the only one that can tell it to Harden

hakeem94, PeterKingX and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

How does he compare to some notable big-time closers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Had he stayed in OKC
    Does Harden become HARDEN??

If not. .....what or who would have stifled his growth??

Rocket River

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Bingo.

Harden is an amazing athlete. Up until last year, he was the teams biggest problem. Unfortunately we can't trade Tilman.

Maybe Harden will change.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

but muh nARraTivEs!

mikol13, D-rock and topfive like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

maybe so, but part of being a good leader is understanding you can't talk to all people the same way and have them be receptive to you. some people may need you to tear into them to get them buy in, others you have to be more positive. some people take all that barking as disrespect even if what you are saying is true and they will shut down and tune you out

one thing I heard about russ in OKC is he always took time to try to get to know guys on a personal level. he would know the type of players he is dealing with so he would know what type of approach to take. james is obviously a guy that needs a kick in the pants from time to time but it just has to be done the right way.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao at reading a bunch of the fluff fluff bs that people are trying to tell themselves

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm honestly loving having Westbrook on this team more and more every single day. Everybody needs a kick in the ass every now and then, and Westbrook is the perfect guy to do it. Now hopefully Harden takes it to heart, and they throw this thing into another gear like we know they're capable of doing.

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Why aren't turnover stats listed here?

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Get the smelling salts out bruh - H8Rs are sprawled across the pavement in a semi conscious state.

mikol13, Rocks92, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I am a HUGE CP3 fan.

I think he is a good leader for the most part too..... but his personality definitely has rubbed a lot of teammates the wrong way. He can get very persistent and nasty and at times be a bully.

Jordan, Bryant, Bird and others were like that too.

Other than Tim Duncan and an older Olajuwon, I am not aware of anyone that was a star that didn't have some odd or controversial personality traits.

RocketRed84, HP3, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Maybe Wade? Steve Nash?

HP3 likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've heard stories of Wade being a downright ******* at practice. I'd probably say Steph, but he also really hasn't had to get on anyone for anything. Kerr and Draymond seem to handle all that in GS.

HP3 likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he ain't wrong

It was pretty obvious Harden had terrible body language for being a "leader" of the team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe Nash. Oddly there were a lot of teammates that were not huge on Wade. When he went to Chicago he had a huge problem in the lockerroom.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Garth? Manilow?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was gonna say Steph, but then excluded him for that exact reason.

HP3 likes this.