1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Section123row16seat1, Jan 26, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac and kobe were best friends for a long time. They even wanted to play together at one point. Sad day for everyone who loved sports.

daywalker02, Tfor3 and J-Mac like this.
  2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

He constantly ripped our hearts out and fed it it to us....isnt that enough?

Tfor3 and Sanctity like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol leave it to MeMac to make everything about himself.

This guy is full of himself.

Kobe knew McGrady was a mental midget and that he had an edge over him and it showed on the court.

Blurr#7 and topfive like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea it sounded off to me also, kind of a conceited response

Blurr#7 and Zboy like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That has always been him.

Why change now?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I don't understand how that was so bad a response. If Kobe did say that, conveying the irony is wrong?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I totally believe that Tmac and Kobe were friends.
    I just never believed they were equals at ALL on the court.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Eric Jordon protecting his FG% lol.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch

said so. therefore it's GARM.
    he created GARM.

don't worry about the rookie status newbs. They are just ants .

Nice Rollin likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty cool Kobe said @2:57... "he wanted to die young and be immortalized".

Sounds similar to Pac... "when I die, I wanna be a living legend"... "Outlaw Immortalz".

Kobe emulated Jordan and Tupac.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Still feels surreal to me.

daywalker02 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. Texanstradamus

Don’t think I’ll ever get over this ...

daywalker02 and sammy like this.
  13. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I didn't hate Kobe. I wasn't his fan because he wasn't a Houston Rocket. I am a Rockets fan first and foremost. If a superstar players
    doesn't play for the Rockets I don't get caught up in the hype. But I respect what they do.

I hated to see his daughter Gigi die so young. Two other families, two other young 13 yr olds, died as well. Very sad. Looking back, that was too much to risk flying in. fog. Should of parked the helo and jumped into a limo or something. I guess when you live at that level you get used to having your conveniences. We all make mistakes.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Get a hold of yourself.

Stop living your life through others, especially someone you have never met and never will, and the person didnt even know you existed lol.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Honestly it's more than just Kobe for me. I think it just reminds us of how fragile we really are as people. Yes, he was well known and was on top of the world. Was/is worth 600 million plus dollars and no doubt would have made it to a billion with a long life.
    The helicopter traveling was an extension of his financial prowess which unfortunately led to his (their) deaths.

What should have been wonderful, exciting memories for those 3 young girls traveling with Kobe 'in style' to a game just ended so horribly.

It sheds light on the horror of losing a child or worse a spouse and child and the sadness of whole families nearly wiped out in the case of the coach. It's more than just Kobe dying it's about looking at our loved ones and holding them tightly. I'm thankful that Kobe and Vanessa had an agreement not to travel together on helicopter flights.

I have 2 daughters similar age that play basketball and it just hurts to see this tragedy. We would watch Gianna on YouTube. It's just so sad.

daywalker02, Roomba and durvasa like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think what he meant is they had a unique connection. They were considered the two best guards in the league for a time.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Does anyone know if the crew (kenny, chuck, shaq & ej) will be on NBAONTNT tomorrow? Would like to hear what they have to say.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No, you are not. It was a fierce battle among those 2 best SF/Guards during 2002-2004.

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I do apologise for my earlier haste. I hope nothing but something close to closure for those involved in to this tragedy but the narrative for Kobe has changed quite a bit over the years. I remember while Shaquille was still a Laker how Magic Johnson would say that Kobe did not hang out with teammates outside of games and or the practice facility and wasn't considered approachable by fans... "He hasn't reached out to the community the way Shaq has..". Then in the late 2000s he did a series of documentaries concerning California's notorious homeless situation particularly "Skid Row" in LA. His image started to change for the better over time but the truth was very different up until just over 10 years ago. But, in his defense, I think the rape scandal hindered his PR and made him insecure for a long time.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I watched some old videos of Kobe playing circa 2013/2014 and he actually used some of Hakeem’s post moves including the dream shake lol. This was awesome to watch how knowledge was passed down and a testament to how great a student and player Kobe was. He also spoke highly of Hakeem and gave him a great embrace his last game here. Kobe credited the training he received in 2009 as it helped elevate his game and as you recall he won another ring in 2009-2010. Kobe was such a great networker, student, and basketball professional. This is why people miss him.

RustyHarden likes this.