1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

absolutely.

Also empathy for the rape victim. Are you familiar with that?

Little Bit and Nook like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You are making statements about a man who just died tragically like they are facts, when you don’t know them to be facts.

Can’t assume that statements he made as part of a settlement are 100% factual, when he’d be highly motivated to move on from the episode and not put himself and his family through a long drawn out, painful process.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Many thanks to all the technical info regarding aviation flight rules. With that in mind, I will continue to fly commercial airlines. No choppers for me, unless my life dependented on it, in which case it wouldn't matter anyway.

AroundTheWorld, saleem and Yung-T like this.
  4. gotsis

gotsis Member

Dude, we all get what's your position about this. Now you and the other people bringing this up repeatedly in this thread just reek of a narcissistic need to be right, or worse, feel you guys are on some moral high ground because you see the "truth" whilst most are mourning.

People are complicated and this certainly is a fact that tarnishes Kobe's legacy and also must have deeply impacted negatively the victim's life. But be mature and let people mourn and cherish other aspects of his life that were positive, even if you don't agree with it. There are no medals for winning a virtual discussion, specially in a thread about the death of Kobe and 8 other people.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

A settlement is a give and take. No way Kobe's attorneys could exact a settlement by calling her a fat liar. They have to give something to her or the whole thing falls apart.

hakeem94 and gotsis like this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

When the *** did I say anything about that? How you get from people dying in a helicopter crash to a rape case? Seriously go seek professional help my man.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I find this admission incredible scary. I wouldn't be surprised if you put a lot of innocent people in prison because you can not remove your emotions from factual evidence...

hakeem94 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

How am I stopping others from mourning?

They are the ones who call me names, physically threaten me, ask for me to me banned when all I said is that rape is as much a part of his legacy as his basketball.
    Did I go around saying good riddance? No I was just as shocked and sad. Especially for Gigi an the other young girl.. I felt like vommiting when I heard the news

However if you refuse to see a rapist be potrayed as a saint, you should go away now?

I mean there are even people talking about making Kobe the new logo of the league. :rolleyes:

9. VanityHalfBlack

Goodbye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. What an idiot this guy is.

mig0s, swoosh1014 and Scarface281 like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

One of the victims who is potrayed now as a saint who did no wrong, raped a teenage girl. This is the connection. Did you miss that?

Nook likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

No, we do know they are facts. He said them and released the statements he made. He never retracted them. Further he was never forced to make the statement... he made the decision to make any statement.

The statement was not made in furtherance or settlement. He said as much.

malakas likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I find it incredibly scary that you actually asked a poster how many times they have had sex with a woman without consent. It isn’t normal or acceptable behavior. I also find it very troubling that you equated Martin Luther King cheating on his wife with forced sodomy.

I have looked at the evidence in the Kobe rape case. Including the physical evidence statements and then post dismissal statement by Bryant. The FBI was brought in at one point and federal investigators including my office.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I hope you can keep the same mindset if someone rapes your daughter sister or mother.

I have bad thoughts and say mean things behind closed doors, hence I am not one to judge the one who raped my daughter.
    He even said he is sorry so let's move on like it never happened.

Little Bit likes this.
  15. gotsis

gotsis Member

It's called "time and place". The news is recent, people are emotional and this is a thread to discuss the circumstances of the death, not to discuss "why some of you guys don't consider him a good person and people stating that, are wrong".

It really isn't that hard for you guys to be more mature about this.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Grief is a messy and complicated emotion that most people can't properly handle.

That's why we default to "too soon" or call for decency. It's our attempt to keep that aspect as pure as possible while we try to process things.

Ofc, I'm not going to explain why some members are quick to lionize the man in a board that normally dumps on the Fakers, I guess it's a sign of respect for a "fallen Warrior".

Anyways the facts are out there for those that want to see it. A dump truck full of money given to a woman who didn't want her life trashed even more but had blood stained evidence and his own admission (also threw Shaq under the bus) is not enough.

We really do hold sports legends to different standards. He even won an Oscar in metoo land, but that shouldn't be too surprising given their thrall for controversial directors

I do think he was trying to make up for it in his own way, since karma gave him four daughters. But it'll be interesting to see if posterity ends his story here or more word comes out about hidden efforts to truly rehabilitate.

Jury is still out

AroundTheWorld, malakas and Nook like this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

18. lalala902102001

This is such a terrible loss because no one expected it. Kobe was in the prime of his life with a young and beautiful family and had no health or other issues like some of the formal NBA players. In addition his post NBA career was shaping up to be great one. He could have done so much more for basketball and sports in general in the future.

As a life lesson we should live everyday as if it were our last because someday it may just turn out to be our last.

#758 lalala902102001, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    BaselineFade likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah..this post was the most scary in this thread. But noone had to say anything to him , only accepted it as normal.

That's what I asked what's going on in Houston.
    Sounds like having sex with people without consent is pretty common place that everyone has done it - according to that poster.

20. swakid8

swakid8 Member

There are regulations and weather minimums in place already that determine if a flight can be conducted or not. However, it won't stop someone from going if they decide to take the risk. Part 91.13 of FAA regulation is a catch-all that states "No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another. There are deep consequences if metal is bent meaning damage of aircraft, persons, or property. The NTSB will investigate and decides if the FAA should step in take enforcement (loss of pilot certificate, violation on record, 409 ride). If the pilot had survived, he definitely would have been answering to the FAA for sure.

Lets clear the term useage of up in regards to private pilot.

Private Pilot is the first certificate a person earns when they start flight training and it limits them to operate in VFR conditions only and cannot operate for hire nor compensation.

The term you are looking for is Commercial Pilot who are allowed to operate for hire and compensation. They are not required to have an Instrument Rating.

The Instrument Rating is an add-on rating that qualified a pilot to operate under IFR. One must operate under IFR to operate in IMC.

The only pilots required by the FAA to have their instrument ratings are pilots who hold an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate. Because a pilot has a ATP certificate doesn't necessarily mean he flies for the airlines. A lot of charter outfits require a pilot to an ATP. Sometimes a private owner who owns to Jet will require an ATP. Usually, the experiences (flight time) and certificates required are determined by the insurance company. Who knows what Kobe's insurance policy on his helicopter required.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.