1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This thread has been immensely educational for me. I just wish it were made under different circumstances.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge (and your time, that’s a super-detailed post right there).

2. HTM

HTM Member

I’ll never get in a small plane/helicopter unless completely unavoidable.

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Exactly.

Ya'll seen Uber Copter? They wan't me to get in a helicopter that's been going back and forth all day long? Hell nah.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So sad.

RIP Kobe, Gianna and the 7 other people that lost their lives.

It's a sad reminder of how life is so precious and time is not guaranteed.

A parent losing a child and not having their spouse to help them through it bc they passed along side the child-- just so sad.

Kobe had so much left to do - as father to those girls ----especially to the 6 month old and 3 year old.

Giana was just starting her life and most certainly was WNBA bound.

Maybe one of the 2 youngest will want to play basketball in their sister's honor and make the WNBA. One could hope. They could get coaching from any number of retired Laker players

Thoughts and prayers for the Bryant family and the family of the other people who passed as well.

[​IMG]

#624 Tfor3, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

u are 1 of the dumbest mofos in existence...stfu

there just has to be that 1 clown u starts bringing up the illuminati...take your pills, and stop the fckery

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

U would have to be astonishingly stupid to think she would have the nerve to go on national TV and call Kobe the n-word. Her career would be ruined, she’d get immediate death threats, people harassing her, etc, and for what? To announce to the world she wants to run for president of the KKK?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

people can talk about Kobe’s alleged rape, but at the end of the day, he’ll be remembered most for his work ethic, his Mamba mentality, his drive and dedication, the love he had for his wife and kids, for being that favorite player for so many kids growing up...for being a champion

Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

malakas likes this.
  11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is heartbreaking. Growing up as a Rockets fan and cheering for the Celtics when they played the Lakers I wasn't the biggest Kobe basketball fan, but always respected him. As he got older and out of his prime, thats when I started to become a fan. His approach with the younger guys, his leadership style at that time, and the more I read about his work ethic and how he was applying it to things outside of basketball, I felt like I could relate to him more.

Seeing him at Lakers games in LA after he retired, he seemed really happy vs. the intense look of a competitor when he was playing, so maybe that was it or maybe I had spent 7+ years in LA and started to get it. I was definitely looking forward to seeing what the results of applying that work ethnic outside of basketball would be.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'd approve of this. It's not like Jerry West is the GOAT or anything, so why does the standard need to be held that high?

This is the most tragic event in sports history since the Munich Massacre.

RudyTBag and Yung-T like this.
  18. mig0s

mig0s Member

****ing helicopters man.... as soon as some thing is wrong they just crash and everybody dies. I told my wife today we'd never ride in an helicopter ever again.

And yes, let's make Kobe the new NBA logo and every team should retire #24

Tfor3, BigShasta, bmelo and 1 other person like this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

20. zenmar

zenmar Member

Yeah. For some reason i really wasn't a big fan of his when he was starting out because im a big Jordan fan and people are talking about how he would become the next MJ etc. Hate their dominance as well when the shaq /kobe lakers blossomed and i was enjoying his misery when shaq left and the team is in a limbo where they are good enough to be decent but not great enough to win it all. I honestly dont want him to win more championship than shaq because im on shaqs side during their beef, but he did with gasol.

But after that 2 championship and the team went from decent to bad and seeing how a more older kobe stuck with the team and giving his all even when some of the game is a lost cause made me respect him more. And after retirememnt dude just grew on me. It was also nice to see him becoming a fan of this new generation of players with his daughter and supporting the game.