1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

In 20+ years as a Rockets fan, I've never felt less interested in the Rockets' future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jan 24, 2020.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Thought I was the only one

2. ch44

ch44 Member

Hopefully you guys get over it soon so you can enjoy this championship run with the rest of us :)

13BeardsIN1, Deuce, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm frustrated and jaded too. But that's mainly based on playing style now, especially for Harden. It's not that he doesnt work hard, because he does. Or the trope that he doesnt try on defense which is untrue and was always based on a few bad plays highlighted to make him look bad. It's just that he has become a player that can only play in isolation now, and it makes watching him when he's not absolutely on borderline unbearable. This team was fun to watch only a few yrs ago with Montrezl, Lou, Bev, Dekker, etc. Now, it's really tough to watch most games and mostly just frustrating to see a bunch of guys stand around with so little motion and activity in the offense.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. magichat281

magichat281 Member

its not fun watching 1v5 game.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

2023 to 2030 look dark.

J.R. likes this.
  6. Bobby Jackson Rules

The dark hours for Rockets and Astros is coming so fast. Chase Budinger, Samuel Dalembert, Kevin Martin days, here we come. Michael Bourn, Bud Norris, Carlos Lee, how are you guys these days? And Texans is always Texans. Houston, it is going to be a long long time.

BamBam and HAYJON02 like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Are you implying something???? Lol jk

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the LTS championships?

harold bingo likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in my 20 years + as a rockets fan i never felt less interested in a cf thread... lock this thread up

Pandaemonaeon likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited about today's game. Go Rockets!

Mathloom and daywalker02 like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Houston sports fatigue is real. Disappointments are like 100 to 1. Joy is rare. Success is rare. It takes a toll over time. We wait a lifetime for the Astros to really get good, and a stupid sign stealing scandal blemishes the success. The Rockets have their two shining moments and a lot of "almost." And then the Texans. It is a lot to deal with.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am ready for it! We just got to find a way to add some rotation players to the bench.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I loved the 2014-2015 team too. Lots of energy and excitement with Bev, Josh Smith DMO, Prigioni, Jason Terry, Howard, Brewer....etc.. No standing around 3 game then, but some great 3 pt shooters, great defense and tons of heart. I think MDA came here and took all the fun out of watching the game, unless a bunch of guys standing around to take 3's and iso iso excites you. It bores me to death. I will say it was refreshing to see a little less of that last game.

#93 deb4rockets, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be great, but highly unlikely.

DD

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Agree with u, harden is never going to become a good defender, and we will never win a ring under him, mark my words here

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yeah- I used Gilbert just as a stand in for most obnoxious owner whose team sucks and is hopeless (other than with LeBron) but you are correct that he’s better than our jackass, as he was at least willing to put up when it was time.

Mathloom likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I did not say this and don't agree with this at all. Harden is the biggest reason we win, and the smallest reason we lose.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well, that excitement didn't last.

19. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

After the past 3 offseason especially last season when they they lost to GS without KD, i can’t believe u still trust harden will lead us anywhere, u realize that not everybody gets chances to play into June and harden has wasted at least 2 perfect chance to do so, last year and the one they lost home game 7, so many people never got the chance at all, like those stars in the MJ era

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Where is Gary Clark when you need him.

Hartenstein is playing his role right about now.