1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/24/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When I say "sabotage" I mean Harden is playing so poorly he it looks like sabotage. I'm not saying he is really doing it. Harden plays so poorly out of nowhere, the crazy dumb TO's, the crazy shot selection, it's really bewildering.

Hakeemtheking and J Sizzle like this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The same problem happened again.... the 4th quarter defense. We conceded 40 points in that last quarter. If Westbrook and Gordon weren't so efficient in that last quarter, we would have lost.

Sounds like I'm complaining.... but we've had a lot of trouble seeing out the 4th quarter this season. They need to work on it, because it's obviously a problem.

D-rock likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s never slumped this bad for this long. This is a problem.

Mazulis and HP3 like this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Why is it surprising? It’s happened over and over. Spurs game 6 for instance.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If your best player is hurt with a knee, why would the coach put him back in the game to play the entire 4th quarter right after a lineup without any stars just built a 10 point lead? That doesn't make anyone a little annoyed?

Harden was so hurt he couldn't even play defense at all.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want Russ to say "we know what we have to do" and then Harden vanishes.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

James needs to rest...this cannot continue. I donno what the hell is wrong with him, be it his injuries or whatever. But he looks bad in almost every aspect right now, specifically his handles and shot.

Hakeemtheking and Mazulis like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is not a problem if they are winning

he doesn't look healthy

9. JackLordsHair66

Harden had zero business being out there in the 4th and couldn’t barely move laterally he allowed a **** ton of open 3s and drives for 2 especially from Wiggins. D’Antoni has got to sit his as for a few games or this crap will continue !

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

dude ended up with 35 mins and he was legitimately hurt. his stubbornness to play all the time is going to hurt him in the long run

HP3 likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets best player being horrible isn’t a problem as long as they’re beating terrible teams?

LOL. Ok, I guess...

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden has been great for so long for us, the tiny percentage of games played in which he sucked tends to stick out like a sore thumb. Having said that, when he plays poorly, his body language is terrible, likely unintentionally.

Morey and MDA need to develop a pair and just rest Harden for a week or so.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Mike has got to be firm, this cannot continue.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

4th quarter teams behind get desperate and score, we do need to clamp down, but if we win it isn't much of a problem, they did score 40 but we scored 37 as well

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I bet, there gonna be a QUALITY thread come up with russ’s 45pts + 10 ast performance arguing who is the leader of this team:rolleyes:

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

When he went on that 3/25 shooting run against the Hawks, his confidence obviously took a beating after that. I said it just after the game that his confidence might be shook and people thought I was talking crazy. I was right. But I do think he's playing through an injury or 2. He doesn't look like he wants to shoot as much as he usually does.... and he definitely doesn't want to drive to the paint and get those contacts for free throws.

We have to rest him for a couple of games and see if he feels better. There's no point in having him out there. It's seriously going to end up in a much worse injury. Plus, having him off will probably help his confidence.... and he can work on his shot more.

We all know Harden is going to come back and score lots of points. He's too good of a player not to. It's just we have to be patient and support the guy whilst he's going through this bad spell. He's carried us so much that he deserves our support.

Richie_Rich and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Bruh, Harden has been so great for us for so long...you talk about him like this after a slump....cant even believe some of these guys

Richie_Rich, Remlap and Patience like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

after everything harden has been through, it's just as much on harden to realize the long run and games where you're up 20 or legitimately hurt like tonight, to just sit down plain and simple. trust your guys like rivers and eg. they were playing well and are more than capable of playing extended minutes

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Harden, House, McL, and Tucker combined for 25pts.

:eek:

Remlap, D-rock and DreamShook like this.