1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

BaselineFade and Vivi like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Was just giving a look at every team to see if i could find 3/4s on rookie scale deals or players making around 5/7M that could fit in terms of what we probably need most (lenght, defense, athleticism), and this is what i found:

ATL - DeAndre Hunter, Cameron Reddish
    BOS - Grant Williams, Semi Ojeleye
    CHA - Miles Bridges, PJ Washington
    CHI - Chandler Hutchinson
    DET - Sekou Doumbouya
    NY - Kevin Knox
    TOR - OG Anunoby
    WAS - Ruy Hachimura, Troy Brown jr
    DEN - Torrey Craig
    MEM - Jay Crowder
    MIN - Josh Okojie, Keita Bates-Diop, Jordan Bell

I assume some of these guys aren't even available (like Hunter/Reddish, Hachimura, Doumbouya, Anunoby), but i'd rather pay more and get a younger player with potential rather then send out a 1st to get a "proven" guy like Crowder, Craig etc.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I'd also include Kennard, Grayson Allen, and Malik Beasley to your list of young wings with potential

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I love Kennard and like Beasley too but i didn't put them there on purpouse cause they're shooting guards, a guy i forgot to add there is Mikal Bridges from Phoenix, but i guess they'd rather move Oubre and keep the younger/cheaper player.

joshuaao likes this.
  5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Buddy Hield anyone...yes please!!!

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

you know how much he makes right?

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Just saw it...nevermind

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hield can't even get traded this season due to the extension he signed.

I'm starting to wonder if Hield is going to ask for a trade in the summer though, this isn't the first time they take him out of the lineup, and i'm pretty sure he had issues with the coach already this season...and i also wonder if Vlade would actually be ok to move him if that helps him in resigning Bogdanovic.

Not that we would've any interest anyway i think, aside for maybe in a multiteam trade where we move Gordon to SacTown and eventually Capela to get a top tier player...top player that i don't see being available though, lol. I wonder if Gersson would trade Towns for Capela, Hield and picks, probably not, and probably the Kings would try to get him in the first place if that scenario would actually turn out to be realistic.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

How is Kevin Knox on defense?

10. SRR21

SRR21 Member

5 mil

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Also:

Isaac Bonga, Justin Jackson, KZ Okpala, Rodions Kurucs, Dzanan Musa, Josh Jackson, Bruno Caboclo, Justin James, Harry Giles, Chris Boucher, Jonah Bolden, Marial Shayok, Romeo Langford, Javonte Green, Wes Iwundu, Amile Jefferson, DaQuan Jeffries, David Nwaba, Terrance Ferguson, Brian Bowen, DeAndre Bembry, Larry Nance, Cedi Osman, Georges Niang, Miye Oni, Jarred Vanderbilt, Cheick Diallo, Mario Hezonja, Noah Vonleh, Nassir Little, Caleb Swanigan, Jaylen Hoard, Wenyen Gabriel

DeBeards likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I haven't watch him so far this season, but considering he still isn't able to crack the starting 5, i assume all the things i read about him being too timid etc are true. He's still very young though, he's atheltic, very long...the potential is definitely there, also on defense. I would guess the Knicks might be open to give him up before he becomes a total bust since they already have Barrett, Robinson, Randle and they're probably going to draft a guard, but i doubt they'll trade for a meh 1st rounder, i think there's still a chance he turns out to be a Ingram 2.0.

If the price isn't super high, i'd definitely trade for him though, the potential is there, and maybe ending up in a different enviroment where there aren't too much expectations on him turning into a great scorer would acutally help him. Worst case scenario, we would have a decent contract to move as a salary filler going forward (lol).

HoustonCRT likes this.
  13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I've seen clips here and there of his athleticism.. If he's attainable I think he'd be a good target. We need a forward with some young legs and a player with potential.

Vivi likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards and HoustonCRT like this.
  15. rockets13champs

Kevin Knox would be a steal

xaos likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

JamalP. likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

House and Nene and 2020 1st for Knox. We also save Feritita Luxury Tax money.

JamalP. likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe Patrick likes Knox and daddy Tilman will trade for him.

D-rock likes this.
  19. rockets13champs

Absolutely a fan of him. It’s the length we’ve been missing.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think we just found Patrick's profile on clutchfans :eek::D

D-rock likes this.