1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Podcast/Windhorst] Downfalls of the Rockets and 76ers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

@tinman Tilman would never do this. He's too cheap to pay the fine.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On a real note
    I KNEW how cheap Les TRULY was
    I had a contact who did business with the Rockets and I would never tell any of you about it.
    Cause I got hooked up with sweet tickets back during that era and maybe this era . So I know cause 99ers know
    Pure is pure

Air Yordan likes this.
  4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

That's some good ish mang. Respect.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Something about donuts and whipped cream.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can figure it out if you research this site but I won’t confirm for you

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Philly needs a better coach. We need a better GM, Coach, and Harden.

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Les was such a class act. I miss him.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Make some good points and some I disagree with.
    Those picks would absolutely be huge for our team right now. Mind you we still have two; if we can’t get much done with those then it wasn’t the picks, it’s the circumstances.
    Keeping Ariza is just a ridiculous notion. I do believe our team blew it by not spending more and going over the luxury tax. But avoiding $15 million for Ariza IS excusable. Don’t care who’s money it is. Also, Trevor has now been on Phoenix, Washington and Sacramento. Yes our system is better made for him but again, for $15M he should have made a difference for one of those teams.

Lastly, you and I both know Harden had a lot to do with the Westbrook trade. He’s earned it. But if it’s our downfall let’s not pretend it’s all Tillman and Harden had no part.

But your main point of keeping the same team and trying to improve by MLE’s and other trades is absolutely true from a pure basketball sense.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

are you jealous of their years and years of total ineptitude? Are you jealous they’re no closer to a Parade than are the Rox?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also think one of Simmons and Embiid is expendable, they are not the right fit, they tried.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Tinman hijacks a perfectly good Tilman hate thread with Les hate.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol You forgot what tilly did last year in western semis after game 1 rig job....
    he went public with nba s secret officiating reports proving rockets should have won in the previous year and only the bad officiating prevented them from doing so...this takes some balls to do (and money)....
    and we even got a pretty decent officiating afterwards
    this is the true leadership...Tilmans critics provided zero evidence of Tilman being cheap....repeating it 1000s times wont make it so...

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Should have walked up to the ref with the two stolen championship trophies in hand, for street cred.

hakeem94 and Air Yordan like this.
  16. SemisolidSnake

I'm never going to forget Ariza horribly bricking three after three as the team drowned itself in game 7. Hmm, I wonder if his offensive liability had any role in not ponying up $15 million for him the next season. I wonder if Charlie Morton's injuries towards the end of the season and total nothingness in the 2018 playoffs had anything to do with the Astros not paying him $15 million the next season. $15 million is a lot of damn money, especially when a player has just handed you reasons to consider their risk:reward ratio to be pretty high.

Of course, hindsight from fans of both teams clearly shows that decisions made during those offseasons with that information available at those times were totally wrong, and they clearly know how huge amounts of other people's money should be spent.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lakers get their a$$ beat tonight by the 76ers. Guys need to calm down. This is the NBA. Wait till after the allstar break at least to panic.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

agreed

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets are looking at a first round exit without home court at this point. Injuries have hit and we have no ability to make up for those terrible chokes we’ve had. Rockets didn’t value the games in front of them and it has come back to haunt them, as expected.