1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In 20+ years as a Rockets fan, I've never felt less interested in the Rockets' future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jan 24, 2020.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My lack of interest is a combination of poor play and a hot new girl friend that likes to distract me every time I try to watch by getting naked.

Makes me not give a **** how they play... because I'm getting mine.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

We need players that can shoot 3s if that’s all we are going to do. Not sure how Morey hasn’t figured that out. Seems like a smart guy.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I posted on it before the deadline and that the offer was out there. I believe there ended up being a couple articles or mentions of the trade offer being out there. After the deadline Tillman also got on television and blamed the Grizzlies for his own screw up.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The city is overly apathetic towards the team... and the nation is getting more and more apathetic towards regular season NBA games.

Just watching the highlights of the Nuggets game... you see electric dunks/plays/scores... and the crowd is doing nothing. Barely a golf clap. Its not all corporate types either. The players do notice this.

5. Nook

Nook Member

That doesn't really go with what I said but I agree with you....... with home court meaning less and players sitting out games for rest....... the regular season has become like the regular season in baseball. At least baseball has the "long run" culture to it, as a contemplative game...... the NBA is the opposite.

oelman44 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2nd round exit

lw17 and coachbadlee like this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I don't disagree with you. the OP asked for something to be positive about and I gave him what the possible positives are. Most likely Tillman will still be the same owner he has been, but he is a newer owner and sometimes newer owners adapt. From my perspective it is a can't lose situation....... if Tillman continues along the same path, I will personally know that the Rockets are not worth any emotional investment.... similar to what fans have done for the Texans.

A poster on her PMed me that I am too easy on the Rockets compared to the Texans......... just wait, if the Rockets are ran like Macaroni Grille over the next couple years, I will go at the franchise extremely hard.

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And the problem is magnified in Houston because it hasn't been rabid about the Rockets for awhile now.

At least other hot-bed NBA cities (Portland, SLC, Boston, OKC, Indy) still have passionate in-game fans that show emotion for exciting games ore exciting plays.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I told you to stay away from my wife.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the coach is the more frustrating example right now. there are quality players sitting on the bench. now is the time to use them so we don't burn out our star(s) before the playoffs.

Deckard likes this.
  12. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Watching the end of the Harden era should peak your interest.

Can he and his childhood best friend climb to the top?

If they fail, Eric Gordon will be traded in the offseason but for who?

Who will lead the team next year as the coach?

Will Morey survive Tilman?

The only way I jump ship is if Tilman’s son becomes GM.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I feel you Mathloom i think for me it's mostly cause the roster is obviously aging, the owner so far as been trash, Morey might be gone...i think it's like i only see downside for the team at this point. Nook makes good points though, and i agree in the end we aren't that far from being able to win.

D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have always had faith in Morey. I gave Tilman the benefit of the doubt initially but last faith in him. Really comes down to will Tilman take the handcuffs off Morey. I don't trust anything Tilman says.

This trade deadline will speak volumes.

D-rock, robgue, clutchdabear and 4 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

The last game is so much enjoyable than the previous games. It is not the wins, but passing the rock and playing like a team. No matter what type of Rockets we have, I prefer these than watching sitcoms.

backwardhead likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Tillman has had numerous chances a long the way, and saw the consequences and didn't modify his behavior.

He has just left a trail of destruction and then points the finger at everyone else.

[​IMG]

D-rock, clutchdabear, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing I don't agree is that I actually was quite interested during the Yao-TMac-Adelman era. It was disappointing as hell due to the injuries. But those teams in the late '00 competed in ways that made me proud to be a Rockets fan.

TimDuncanDonaut, Deckard and lw17 like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nothing revitalizes fandom quite like a winning streak or a championship. If those happen, you'll catch the fever. I just hope you catch it during the playoffs. Winning it all is great, but watching every minute you can during a championship run becomes a set of memories you'll never lose.

My advice: Go watch Double Clutch when you need an injection.