1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DM, China and the NBA explained

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Agree with Stephen A's point on Morey being too impulsive here. When this whole thing blows over, what effect would Morey's tweet have over the citizens of Hong Kong and their protests? The only thing his tweet did (after Tilman blew it up), was get China to pull some financial ties and have some NBA fans criticize China while almost 100% of NBA owners, leaders, players, coaches, pundits, ended up outing themselves as hypocrites.

We already knew the NBA was always about money over morals unless those morals aligned with making money - so really it was just a nice little fan rant towards China (we'll see if that has any meaningful impact on Hong Kong - I won't be holding my breathe), and a whole lot of money lost.

And at the end of the day, Morey himself ended up backtracking everything he said. So even the man leading the charge against taking a stand for human rights ends in "I was merely voicing one thought based on one interpretation, of one complicated event." Clutchfans meanwhile has a less complicated take on religious persecution and denial of democracy.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't agree with his take either, but as a Taiwanese American who has also lived through the Yao years on here...it's like talking about abortion on GARM.

Nice play to make Morty the bad guy by supporting independence. I doubt that's his master plan rather he just wants some attention to end the dispute before people get brutally murdered.

3. Fantasma Negro

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A bearded rat.

tinman likes this.