1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clippers in trouble to start season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dusty Bottoms, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

I just read that Q. Richardson has a partially torn MCL. I read it on yahoo sports and don't feel like going back to get the link. Don't be lazy. You can go look yourself. Just kidding. No word in the article about the extent of the injury although the article did use words like "season in question" so it could be a serious injury. Add to this that Lamar isn't going to be ready to start the season cuz he's gonna take a while to come down from being really really high and Elton still has a bruised ego after the US got knocked around in the world games and you'll see that the Clips are in fact in peril. This is the up and coming team that was going to be there with the Rox challenging for a playoff spot. I don't know what's actually wrong with Odom or Brand but they are both out with minor injuries and are expected to miss time. Sounds like they got Houston's luck from last season.

2. Stylez

Stylez Member

I'm glad the Rocks could transfer their bad karma from last season over to the Clipps (even though the Clipps usually bring the negative karma on themselves). I haven't been completly sold on the Clipps anyway. Yes on paper they look like they have a team that can compete for the playoffs this year but if you look at their contract situations that will be coming up over the next 2 seasons, this team could disenergrate before they even finish rebuilding. Kandi, Brand, Miller, and Odom will be FA's after this season and Q is gonna be one the year after that. The Clipps are set up nowhere near as good as the Rocks are for the future.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So Richardson's injured, Brand's injured, Odom's injured, the Clippers are starting to look like us last year!

4. coolpet

coolpet Member

who will start for the PF? Park? Wang? or rookies while Brand is injuryed?

5. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

I'd say Wilcox would probably start. I'm sure they want to see plenty of him this year to see if he is Brand's replacement or not.

6. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Man, the Clippers are in a deep hole with Brand, Odom and Q-Rich all being injured. That means Maggette, Piatkowski and Ely/Wilcox will have to step up, and I only see Maggette as the one who steps up.

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

if anyone cares...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lac

He was actually one of my favorite guys coming out of the draft a few years back - good guy.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Get well soon Odom.

9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This is sooo old im old now...

plutoblue11 likes this.
  10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Almost 20 years ago.