1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is Delonte West

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 28, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well guys... if he didn't have a concussion before, he's got one now. This is unbelievably sad. :(
    Good god at our country.

da_juice and BigShasta like this.
  2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Those of you that wanted to interfere, here is how seriously either of the participants took this fight: from the cited Inquirer article,
    You would have put yourself at risk to help two people who neither want nor felt they needed help. I suspect that's the situation in a fight like that, more often than not. Presumably neither went to jail for this. Maybe they got a citation for disorderly conduct?

Call the police. Be a good witness, if you want to get involved at all.

I hope West gets the help he clearly needs, and if he spurns it, as I suspect he will, I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.

da_juice likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude has a diagnosed problem but people mainly focus on the money he made to judge.

Country has a long long road to in it’s fight against mental illness.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Exactly. There is a video I saw recently where some guy intervened trying to stop a domestic abuser from slapping his GF/wife and then the abuser just shot and killed the guy. Guess what the girl did in the video who the guy was trying to help? She left with the abuser anyway and did not cooperate with authorities but the video was enough. Never step in on situations between other people unless you know one of the parties personally. Call the authorities.

da_juice likes this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

Man that dude in the leather jacket stomping on his head and ****. Someone needs to find him and do the same to his punk ass.

da_juice likes this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Honestly think the fact that he was not diagnosed early enough and not taking the right drugs and receiving the right treatment is the problem here. He has a well documented mental health history. I feel for the guy, I don't think this is a Rasual Butler or Lamar Odom type of scenario.

da_juice likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I really don't think it is a money issue. People with mental health issues that have progressed often refuse care, and refuse to even believe something is wrong with them. Usually you can not be forced into care unless you are a danger to yourself or someone else. It's nice to see some of his old teammates offer to help him, but I don't think just throwing money at it will solve his problems.

saleem and da_juice like this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

There are very few things someone can do that merits being stomped in the head in the middle of the street and then having police record your story for their own 15 minutes of fame, sure civilians recording it and not doing anything may have a good reason, but for a police officer to post the viral video is just sad. He was suspended as a result, but still absurd.

VanityHalfBlack and da_juice like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You are so European! Nope. Here in the wealthiest country in the world we opt not to take care of people with these sorts of problems. It's a shame.

VanityHalfBlack and da_juice like this.
  11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yup. If I didnt have insurance the ward I was at this past weekend for my suicide attempt wouldve been $2500 per night.

Existing is expensive

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

You clearly havent been in downtown New York or DC

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

sad that lerbon isn't even there to support is dad in law

RustyHarden and Xerobull like this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Can’t believe West’s life went so south

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hard drugs and mental issues don't mix.

Hard drugs don't really mix well with anything.

Hope he can find a path.

Andre0087, Rudyc281, saleem and 5 others like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Was he ever convicted of any drug charges? My understanding is the guy has had drug related events only involving antipsychotic drugs and weed, I don't ever recall hearing of him being some sort of addict taking party drugs etc. if anything it is common to self medicate in these scenarios if not properly treated. Maybe we are saying the same thing, but from what I've read it seems like this is more of a mental health issue than anything else.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Class act, Mark Cuban.

Mark Cuban Picked Up A Homeless Delonte West And Put Him In A Hotel Room, Is Offering To Pay For His Rehab Treatment

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is lending a helping hand towards former Mavs player Delonte West.

Last week, a photo of a homeless West begging for money in the Dallas area went viral on Twitter.

TMZ is now reporting that the Mavs owner picked West up at a gas station to take him to a local hotel after reaching out to his family.

Via TMZ Sports

Sources connected to West’s family tell us that Cuban — who had been trying to reach DW on the phone for days — finally got in contact with Delonte … who agreed to meet the Mavs owner on Monday in Dallas.

We’re told Cuban took West to a local hotel … while his family formulates a game plan.

According to TMZ, West’s family wants him to go to rehab which Cuban has offered to pay for.

Our sources tell us West’s circle of fam and friends have been trying desperately to get Delonte to go to rehab … and he now seems open to the idea.

We’re even told Cuban has offered to help cover Delonte’s cost for treatment.

Pretty awesome move by Cuban. Hopefully West can get the help he needs.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good for Mark. But Delonte gotta want to help himself or fix himself. Every few years, a thread or thread bump "This is Delonte West now", "Delonte has fallen on hard times (again)",...

Mark Cuban is personally helping Delonte West get back on his feet ... with the Dallas Mavericks owner picking up the ex-NBA star at a gas station in Texas.

As we previously reported, the former Cleveland Cavaliers guard has fallen on tough times in recent years ... and was most recently seen holding a sign on the street in Dallas last week.

Sources connected to West's family tell us that Cuban -- who had been trying to reach DW on the phone for days -- finally got in contact with Delonte ... who agreed to meet the Mavs owner on Monday in Dallas.

We're told Cuban took West to a local hotel ... while his family formulates a game plan.

Our sources tell us West's circle of fam and friends have been trying desperately to get Delonte to go to rehab ... and he now seems open to the idea.

We're even told Cuban has offered to help cover Delonte's cost for treatment.

FYI, West played for Cuban's Dallas Mavs from 2011-2012.

As we previously reported, the NBA, the NBA Players Association, Doc Rivers, Jameer Nelson and others have tried to get Delonte help in the past.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Could you see Fertitta doing this?

daywalker02 likes this.