1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Joe Rogan's base is probably a lot wider than people think. Maybe not though.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

So B-Bob, were you content with the assassination of Soleimani?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe but every person I know that consumes his media is a Middle Aged white guy who voted for Trump. I assume there are many non White men who are fans of MMA who follow him strictly because of the UFC, but his whole personality brand is basically Middle Aged white bro who wants to be cool and modern but wants to push back on culture changes at the same time or at least have critical stances on those topics.

On most topics I think Rogan can come off as genuine even though obviously douchey, but there are topics where you just know he’s trying to push a narrative but putting it in his bro-y man speak to make it sound like it’s just free flowing thought. That part of what he does is just not appealing to me. His support of Tulsi I see as right on brand with his have-it-both-ways politics that in the end serves a right wing narrative and placates to the same base of supporters who are Trumps power base that got him in office.

It’s not the crazy old lady that gets interviewed outside Trump rallies. It’s the Middle Aged white guys who want to be known as cool, but harbor deep resentment about how society and culture has changed to where they aren’t top dog anymore, and that sense of insecurity leads to resentment of everything not bro-y testosterone male driven. That’s really the power base that Trump has going for him that people don’t really think about. Rogan knows this and that’s why he tries to walk that fine line to not piss anyone off by coming out and directly owning it. Tulsi is incredibly convenient for this brand.

#763 dobro1229, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Rashmon, dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Full disclosure: I’m basically a Bro-y Middle aged white guy who wants to still be cool too. It’s kind of an anomaly that I’m not a Trump supporter or at least a closet Trumper who publicly just uses Tulsi as a politics shield.

I get what it’s like to be a Middle Aged white guy right now and understand why they are acting this way right now. I think they are wrong and are acting bratty to not still understand their privilege, but I completely understand it.

#764 dobro1229, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I actually don't know that. I'm not sure how anyone could.

I am a semi-regular listener to JRE podcast for about 5-6 months. I am not a middle aged* white bro-y guy, and I did not vote Trump.

I agree with what Rogan says maybe half the time, but I do appreciate that he talks about stuff. I believe it is a real and genuine conversation - except for when he has a major celeb on and it turns into more of a regular interview, such as with Robert Downey Jr.

* legit question: is 32 middle aged?

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

B-Bob likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nothing wraps up a nomination you allegedly want like suing the party’s last candidate!

Bold move, Cotton!

9. TheresTheDagger

Actual copy of lawsuit. Savage.

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Is Tulsi still running for president? LOL

This looks like what Nunes pulled.... Tulsi pulling a Nunes! Two peas in a pod.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Told ya'll this **** was not trustworthy in the slightest.

She'll enjoy her new gig on FOX. This will get her a good head start.

dobro1229, dmoneybangbang and B-Bob like this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hillary should countersue for all of the donations Tulsi received as a result of the useful idiot implication.

She can respond, in kind, using petty language like “....candidate that wouldn’t even be in this conversation if she didn’t give some old men a boner”, and refer to her as the flip-flipping, indecisive political lightweight that she is.

No Worries and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Joe Rogan?

Just fine at what?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does anyone welcome Hillary’s pearls of worldly wisdom?

I wish she’d disappear already but Clinton Foundation has gone down the shitter and Bubba keeping her up all night with the wild screams and moans next door

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Making money and being comfortable in life financially. Not necessarily successful as a politician.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sadly this would have dominated the new cycle if it were for the impeachment coverage.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Tulsi pretty obviously tried to leverage some kinds of endorsements, contributions, position appointments or pork spending when she was in the DNC and initially running for President. When every single one of those likely idiotic backroom deals either fell through or were rightly dismissed out of hand, she decided to make good on whatever threats she levied in those initial closed door meetings and this entire year of spite and intransigence is the byproduct of that.

That having been said, Hillary Clinton has been gifted a lot of opportunities and experiences that people without a politically successful spouse had to gradually and incrementally fight for and build over their entire lives; and has never concealed her resentment and not being gifted uncontested presidential primaries in non-incumbent years. The comments depicting Gabbard: a multi-ethnic, somewhat younger dissenting politician and veteran, as non-American and either implicitly too dumb or unprincipled to have sincere or credible views or non-threatening motives, comes off as very entitled and has a tinge of social exclusion that would never go unaddressed.

#777 Dairy Ashford, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    B-Bob likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok I agree.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or maybe Hillary called a spade a spade.

baller4life315 likes this.
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Russian fascination with weaponizing Jill Stein’s 2016 campaign to hurt Clinton and the Democrats is well documented. It doesn’t mean Stein is un-American. It doesn’t mean she was implicitly too dumb or unprincipled to have differing views. It means she was a useful idiot to the Russians in way nobody could have foreseen.

Enter: Gabbard. Another US politician that’s surprisingly popular in and mentioned favorably in Russia. She’s a Democrat that goes on Fox News and continually trashes the party, process and it’s candidates. In particular, some of the standard bearers like Clinton. She’s also an Assad apologist, which aligns with Russian interests.

Russia’s goal is two-fold: sow discord among the party they don’t prefer, and undermine our electoral process, reputation and credibility on the global level. Someone like Gabbard, if they run third party, could help them accomplish one of those goals the same way Stein (and Russia’s infamous Internet Research Agency propaganda machine) did in 2016. Hillary isn’t nuts when she raises the alarm about something like this.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.