1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, i think Daryl has done a great job overall, i think some people don't understand how difficult is to build a contender without starting from a rebuild, just look at the current contenders...and Morey so far has built two here (although the 2008 wasn't all his work, he basically built 90% of that team) without tanking even once. Maybe Jerry West is the only one i can think being able to do it.

D-rock likes this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Assuming they'd offload the big fella elsewhere as rumored.

3. Waseem

Waseem New Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ugvtcj5

I think we do this trade because, as much as I like Clint, I feel like Holmes could make up for much of his production in our system. We'd also be getting more depth at the 3/4 position, which should reduce hopefully Tucker's minutes. We also would be straying further away from the tax line, which would be music to Fertitia's ears. We could use our TPE and a second round pick for Markieff Morris to add more size and spacing.

our rotation would hopefully look like:

Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon/McLemore
    Crowder/House
    Tucker/Bjelica
    Holmes/Morris/Harty

Sacramento would be getting a solid rim protector and one of the best rebounding centers that would be locked up for the next few seasons on a reasonable contract. They would have a solid starting core to build around with Fox/Hield/Barnes/Bagley/Capela. They may want a couple of second round picks and cash from us or Memphis to make it worth it though.

Memphis would be getting a young prospect with potential to fit their timeline for an expiring Crowder, whilst also saving money.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope so!

5. ch44

ch44 Member

Saw some comments mentioning Kennard so I thought I'd chime in. Houston offered a 1st for him, but so have multiple other teams and we won't have the most favorable one IMO. Would be a nice pickup, especially in a package with Morris.

MrSabotage, mikol13, Deuce and 13 others like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

man Kennard would be a huge get. A 1st and 2 2nds for Luke and Markieff. I’d do that in a heartbeat.

joshuaao, BaselineFade and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Any chance of Bertans? I’m guessing it would be a similar situation with other teams offering first too

8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Am I missing something here? Did his defense improve enough for a 1RD pick?

saleem likes this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

A late first rounder in this draft isn’t getting much.

Deuce, Zoplicone and D-rock like this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade thought

sell Clint Capela to Mark Cuban for 50 million.dollar and trade exception.

that is enough money for Tilman to swallow in.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last night's game notwithstanding, the pick is looking less and less "late" these days.

Zoplicone likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

Why are you so interested in Tilman's money?
    Maybe you're hoping he sees your posts and reaches out to Clutch: "Contact this person and see if I'd be allowed to call him or her, I need to hire him or her! (Minimum wage, of course.)"

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Make it simple.

Turn non impact guys into another rotation big who can help defensively and rebound.

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m guessing they move their trade exception for guys like Jordan McRae, Monte Morris, Glenn Robinson, etc. Don’t know how much of an impact those guys will actually have though. Obviously the Rockets need 3 and D wings and then a 4 to take away minutes from Tucker. Ideally that would be Markieff Morris. Not sure what the Pistons would want for him at this point. Maybe something like House and McLemore for Morris and Kenard?

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Any idea/word on why they're willing to move him ch? Tbh i'm kinda shocked Detroit is willing to trade Kennard since it seems like they're about to rebuild, i thought they had two really good guys to start build around between him and Doumbouya.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

He can shoot, score, pass...he can pretty much do everything on offense, but yeah, his defense is meh so, he's not the starting 3/4 for we should trade for.

The fact that the Rockets are interested in him makes me think they would eventually trade Eric in the summer and basically replace him with Kennard as sixth man. They would lower the salaries by 10/12M giving more room to Tilman to eat one or two guys (Rivers/Morris/buyout) without ending up in luxury territory.

17. ROXTXIA

What Tilman does with his private life should be kept out of the GARM.

topfive, clutchdabear and Vivi like this.
  18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Does Dario Saric stink?! I think a smart passing “Big” would do wonders for Harden & Westbrook. He’s not a great defender but he isn’t terrible.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think both Saric and Kennard would fit well here, although i think Kennard has more upside (also on defense), but they share the same problem imo, they aren't good enough defenders to boost our starting 5 so, i don't know, i mean, i'm all for getting them if the price is fair and/or if there's nothing we can do about the starting 5. In the end, getting Kennard in order to be able to move Eric for a 3/4 in the summer wouldn't be a bad idea tbh.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really appreciated Nene's time here. He did the Rockets great. I will never forget that OKC playoff game where Nene went off. He was HUGE to help win that series.

DeBeards, Nook, lilbird20 and 3 others like this.