1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

I know, I know, EVERYONE says no.

But this is fun ‍♂️

Celtics get their big man,

Pacers get a Superstar player,

We get a rim protector who can shoot, the 2nd coming of Jimmy Butler in Jaylen Brown and the defensive front court partner Harden thrives with.

Obviously. We then win everything.

2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Rockets In: Aaron Gordon, Holmes, Giles
    Orlando In: Bogdonavic, Nene
    Kings In: Capela, House

Thoughts?

D-rock likes this.
  3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Ed Davis is not in the Jazz’s rotation. I don’t think they would trade him to us because we are a competitor, maybe they buy him out. Dude is a monster rebounder, averaged 17.3 per36 last year (on almost exactly 18 mins per games too, not like 5 or 6 minutes)

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't love it but definitely wouldn't send House. Maybe Thabo or Hartenstein instead.

We'd have a non-existent situation at the small forward if House was sent out.

It's definitely interesting but I really don't see the infatuation with Gordon.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not jealous, ever. I've been lucky enough to meet and know amazing people.

But...I do recall mentioning "TWIN" plenty of times early on. It's cool that CH has heard similar...

Then again, Twin is option D or E.

He fits well and is tight with James/Westy. Both twins for that matter.

D-rock, Deuce, Huncho Bean and 5 others like this.
  6. Codman

NeNe will be offloaded. Sad for me personally, but his time is ending here.

7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Whoops, wrong link
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uw8pbdn

For some reason couldn't edit my OG post. Il try again later..

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The Rockets needs help NOW. They need someone to give Tuck some damn rest. With that TPE, why can't Markieff be an option as well as others, rather than a backup if we miss on others?

9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Me neither was just tinkering lol. Was reported in the Athletic that Orlando are starting to consider finally moving on from Gordon, and they need shooting.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

My inside sauces have told me there are zero moves that will be made aside from a possible buyout. They thought Gary would still be available.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with @treyk3 the idea overall isn't bad, but i'd rather keep House and take back another player like Bjelica instead of Giles. A package like Gordon, Holmes and Bjelica would be a solid return in terms of talent, depth and assets. I'd still have doubts about going to war with Holmes as a starting center, but eh...at least we would've Gordon and Tucker at the wings, with House and Gordon coming off the bench...that would be a solid rotation at those spots, with at least every player being able to play defense.

12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Giles was just for salary matching, I’d much rather Bjelica too but I don’t think that works with salary. Maybe you can keep House, I suppose the Kings probably won’t get any better than Capela in a Bogdan trade

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah that's true...was trying to play with the trade machine to see if/how to take on Bjelica but it's basically impossible in that scenario, and regardless, Gordon and Holmes together = 10M more then Capela on our total salaries, even by sending out fillers like Nene and Thabo, the team would still be at least 5/6M over the luxury if not more so, i don't see it happening lol.

14. Codman

He's been discussed often, but I'm hearing lots of pressure on DM to make magic from nothing. Westbrook was the "all-in" move. Twin helps a lot, but again, you search for the best option for Finals.

Deuce, D-rock, Huncho Bean and 4 others like this.
  15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Well Kieff is the ‘from nothing’ part, you don’t even have to give any players up just bring him in with a TPE.

I know Morey will probably do something at the deadline and hope for buyouts after. But right now we are playing Tucker 35 minutes a game with a nerve injury, and we are dropping down the standings dangerously fast. I don’t think we can afford to wait for a buyout, especially when we will almost surely be behind both L.A teams in destinations.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Codman

Fair assessment. And, I expect a move sooner than the day of the deadline, especially with this skid. However, if the Rockets are trying for the "home run", they're going to have to part with Clint. Boston, Toronto and Orlando have been interested.

D-rock, Huncho Bean, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, i can already see Tilman fire Morey at the end of the season because "he couldn't improve the roster enough to win"

18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yeah, I’m expecting more moves around the margins rather than a home run. I don’t think you trade Capela in February mid season. If the Rockers could add Kieff and maybe another shooter like McBuckets as you keep hinting at (although I really don’t get why Indy would move him) then I like this team a lot more.

A big move could be trading for a rookie. Brian Windhorst said on a recent podcast he doesn’t think the Bulls want to pay Markkanen. He’s having a bad year and his value has probably declined, any interest on him or other rookies that could be moved from the Rockets?

joshuaao and Vivi like this.
  19. Codman

Well, if that's the case, I wish Morey well. He deserves better than a crappy owner. Imagine what he could do in LAC or Toronto...

He's done a great job considering what he's had to deal with. He brought us Dwight when Dwight looked like a great Robin to James. He STOLE James from OKC. He made the CP3 seasons take us closer to the finals than ever and he signed some great role players. That's where I think DM is underrated.

To me, giving up Sweet Lou was horrible. That combo of Ego and Sweet Lou was my favorite. We had so much firepower.

Worst signing: The walking bottle of Vodka (and...Jeremy "Let's lose on purpose in the playoffs to Portland" Lin)

Also: Kevin McHale as a coach was trash. I've never seen such a disaster walking the floor. I can't even type enough about the stories from that locker room. Not a SINGLE player except one (you can guess) respected him. Heck, Kyle Lowry implied he wanted out because of McHale's idiotic ideas. Props to Morey for dumping him...but 3 years too late. We made the playoffs and beat LAC despite McHale's atrocious game plan.

lilbird20, D-rock, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vayb9wg

This is the package, and we get a 1st round back. I do it. Seems like houston losing a bit, but Bertans hell of 3pt shooter, and Isiah Thomas could
    be a 6th man of the year coming off the bench for houston.