1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oh Kieff is definitely more likely but obviously I'd rather pounce on Kuzma. He's having a bit of an off year but he could be the power forward of this team going forward once PJ retires or moves on. 6-8 with a 7 foot wingspan. He can put up huge offensive numbers but his defense is average or worse. It would imperative to focus on defense in his development but he's only 24 and would extend our window a few years. He has the physical tools to be better than he is.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Grizzlies aren't moving JJJ though...as for us, i don't know, i would answer you by making you a question, is it really worth it for us to trade Capela and House to get Holmes, Bjelica, Crowder and Kieff, when we can get Crowder and Kieff without moving Capela and House?

joshuaao, D-rock and lionaire like this.
  3. sogood.

sogood. Member

Seriously doubt the Lakers will trade Kuzma to any Western Conference playoffs bound team.

#823 sogood., Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    topfive likes this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Oops. That was supposed to be Josh Jackson lol. Salary is practically the same.

That's a good question. PJ's nerve damage makes me want to add more front court depth. Holmes and Bjelica in our system could be close to a wash. I don't value House as highly as others.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a Kuzma fan but how about this

Hou in: Portis, Marcus Morris, Kuzma

LAL in: Rose

NYK in: Drummond, Cousins

Pistons in: Westbrook

Throw some picks around to make everyone happy. Salaries work per ESPN trade machine.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There is absolutely no way the Rockets trade Russ.

That's also not enough value for him. He's gotten into a zone and if Harden played up to his potential we'd probably be on a 10 game winning streak.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I honestly do think Harden is either exhausted or playing hurt. He's been a step slow out there. I haven't seen so many blocked shots (mine) since I played pickup ball at the Y.

Deuce and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. rockets13champs

With all this losing our first round pick is worth a lot in a trade.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"He's gotten into a zone" is, to me, another way of saying "He's on an unsustainable hot streak after playing poorly." I don't think his last several games are the new normal.

I don't think his value is high at all. If we could dump him for 3 rotation players then I'd do it.

I do agree that we won't trade him... but, I think we should.

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

You don't dump a dude who is arguably top 10 for 3 rotation players.

Would the Clippers dump PG for 3 rotation players? What about Portland with CJ? Not even the Spurs would dump LMA or DeRozan for 3 rotation players. This is dumb put some respect on Brodie name

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about a top 10 guy; I'm talking about Westbrook.

PG is significantly better than Westbrook. Portland is married to Dame/CJ. Spurs would gladly dump DeRozan, btw; maybe LaMarcus too.

Also, please keep in mind that Westbrook has a massive 4 year deal. And that teams have a salary cap. And that Tilman is cheap.

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

PG is not significantly better than Westbrook and Westbrook is indeed borderline top 10

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Difference of opinion. That's ok.

Still, the salary cap is real. Westbrook's age, salary, and miles are real. Tilman's cheapness is real. And what's also real is that the Rockets will not trade Westbrook this year (though I wish they would!).

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

[​IMG]

Russ/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/EG/Ben
    Covington/Snell
    Morris/Thabo
    Wood/Hart/Chandler

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just get rid of Capela

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

DET would have Andre Drummond AND Capela?

DeBeards and fattz like this.
  17. dream2franchise

Saw a trade earlier with Capela & House going to BKN for Allan, Harris and Prince. I really like that, but we'd like need to send a pick to BKN to make that work.

I feel Capela helps the win now model BKN is building more than Allan does.

Next is getting a starting calibre PF that could reduce Tuckers minutes and the name that always pops up on here that I love is Aaron Gordon.

Does E.Gordon and a 1st for A.Gordon and Khem Birch work? Reduces the log jam up from for Orlando and gives us necessary versatility in the front court.

Jack / Hartenstein / Birch
    A.Gordon / Tucker
    Harris / Prince
    Harden / Harris
    Russ / Rivers

In any event I don't *want* to trade Capela or Gordon, but those are the two contracts/talents from which we can extract the most. Depth needs to take priority over star power. Being so top heavy isnt' so good.

D-rock likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone is going to lash out at you @dream2franchise for not knowing ;) but Eric Gordon can't be traded (until the summer).

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  19. sogood.

sogood. Member

Would love that trade because I believe Aaron Gordon have tons of untapped potential but Eric Gordon can't traded until the offseason.

D-rock likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seems like he's finally settled in on his new team and teammates. He's found his role in the offense and now realizes he doesn't have to take dumb shots anymore.