1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Birthday Hakeem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the shark, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

SAVE US HAKEEM!!!

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Happy Birthday Big Fella! He looks solid and could take minutes off Tucker.

BaselineFade and mikol13 like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mid range
    Post up
    Baseline
    Sometimes a three pointer
    Blocks
    Steals
    Rebounds
    All stars
    Olympic gold
    Nba championships
    Defensive player of the years
    MVP
    Finals mvp

won two trophies that are still in Florida
    @Reeko @Jontro

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A true Hero of the City and a living legend. Like others here, I think he could still give us a very solid 10-15 minutes a game. Maybe better than solid. Damn, he looks good!

Happy birthday, Dream. You've come a long way from that skinny red-shirt freshman from Nigeria finding his way on the campus at UH. It's been quite a journey for you and we will never forget or stop celebrating what you gave us after sticking with it for Houston, working on your game despite the frustrations you and the team went through after losing Lucas, then the biggest blow, the catastrophe of losing Ralph Sampson to injury, as well as losing most of the remainder of what I consider the deepest team this franchise ever had, the '85-'86 Rockets, to the same thing that cost us John Lucas.

After all that, you gave us those two championships, Houston's first, and back to back.
    Thank you. It's appreciated more than you will ever know.

Richie_Rich and BaselineFade like this.
  5. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Happy birthday to the greatest Rocket of all time!!

The only player to win MVP, Finals MVP, and DPOY in one season. AMAZING!!

Dream truly was a leader, in every sense of the word.

Thankful to have witnessed such greatness.

Richie_Rich, Deckard and BaselineFade like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If rookie Hakeem played for this team, he'd probably not see a single minute because Dantoni wants to play SFs at the 5 more often.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

The Big Dream

[​IMG]

the vantage footwork
    [​IMG]

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A true all time legend who bright his A game in the playoffs. Miss that type of superstars. We haven't had one even approaching his level of greatness and clutchness since.

10. SemisolidSnake

True Hero of the City is right. I was pretty young when we won the championships, so my memory of the finer points is hazy. (I'd love to just watch every playoff game of the two championship seasons if I could find them.) Obviously, we all loved Hakeem and knew he was a legendary player by then. But I remember feeling even more strongly at that time that he was a classy player. Eminently respectable as a person in addition to being a hungry monster on the court. I now know that he had a pretty fiery personality in the 80s, but when it finally all came together, I don't think any sports team could ask for a better person to be holding those trophies as the face of their team and the face of their city.

No one will ever be more venerated in Houston sports than Hakeem. Happy Birthday, Dream.

Richie_Rich, Deckard and BaselineFade like this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

The GOAT center, one of the greatest peaks and arguement for the best two way player ever.

Happy Birthday

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nice of Manu Ginobody to drop by.