1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes

Bo6 and mikol13 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yikes

Vivi likes this.
  4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Atlanta Gets:
    Clint Capela, Nene

Houston Gets:
    Jabari Parker, Alex Len, Damian Jones, Deandre' Bembry, 2020 BKN 1st Round Pick, 2023 OKC 2nd Round Pick

Hawks get a young center who can play alongside their young playmaker, absolving them of the need to try to trade/sign someone like Adams or Drummond.

We offload long-term salary and replace him with cheap production bigs. Len can in theory stretch the floor as a center, and Jones is a young prospect on the cheap. Both can rebound. Nowhere near the same talent level, but we're all about saving money these days. Jabari Parker doesn't play defense but he has actual size and strength to alleviate some of Tucker's burden and we could use some variety to the offense at this juncture. Bembry is a solid defender and hustle. Shooting like **** though but so is the rest of the team. And hopefully we can finagle some much-needed picks from ATL for giving them Capela and taking some of their undesirables.
    ---

Sacramento Gets:
    Clint Capela, Nene, Draft pick?

Houston Gets:
    Nemanja Bjelica, Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles, draft pick?

Kings get their center of the future to pair with Bagley. We get some actual, playable bigs. Bjelly is a legitimate stretch big man who can shoot and rebound. Bring him in and return Tucker to the SF position. Holmes has been a revelation for the Kings, and he may be tough to pry away but his contract is gold. Athletic rebounder and shot blocker who'd quicky acclimate to the lob-heavy diet from Harden/Westbrook. Giles is a total high reward/low risk move. He's injury prone and may very well flake out the league...or he may get on track with us and reach his tantalizing ceiling. I'm not sure if picks are required and if so, what goes where. Wondering if we could go in for Bogdan as well, since the Kings must be worried he won't be returning and he may be a Gordon replacement next season if we can make the cap work (unlikely lol)

---
    San Antonio Gets:
    Clint Capela, Nene

Houston Gets:
    Demarre Carroll, Bryn Forbes, Jakob Poetl, Draft pick

This is of course if SAS is planning on a bit of a remodel to a younger franchise. Capela is a fat contract for them to take but its palatable if they plan on moving on from LMA and DeRozan. He fits in the timeline with Murray and White, who now take over the starting G postions full-time. The Rockets get a grade-A young shooter in Forbes as well as Poetl who has promise as a legit 7 footer. He rebounds and, given time, could be a fierce shot blocker and be able to finish lobs with the best of them. Carroll provides a veteran presence and some much-needed 3&D capability (provided he still has some gas in the tank). Spurs throw in a pick because I'm sure they'll net quite a few from the inevitable dump of LMA/DD/Gay

---

Trade ideas from a very sleep deprived night shifter and from the perspective of "My owner's a cheap ass so how do I turn this one highly paid limited player into draft picks and younger, cheaper players who can still contribute?" We're in a grim situation folks.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rockets have to make trades to upgrade the roster @Firebomb525 , not to downgrade it and get a mediocre asset out of it. Parker, Len, Bembry...those are players we don't rally need.

Hartenstein > Len/Poeltl
    House > Parker/Carroll
    McLemore = Bembry/Forbes

The Kings one maybe it's not bad, but they won't move their pick i feel, which makes the trade with them a meh scenario for me.

Firebomb525 and D-rock like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

only Kings trade even worth considering is Bogdan + Holmes + Giles for Capela.

Deuce and Fantasma Negro like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's much better value for sure (again, assuming the Kings won't move their 1st rounder), cause like, my view is that the Kings should be more desperate then us to upgrade frankly, in that trade the Rockets clearly trade the best player, the Kings on the other hand move three bench players so, i want the Rockets to get some real value out of a similar trade.

Holmes is a guy i wanted us to get from literally his first summer league so, he's a player i always liked and i know how good he is, but still, you can't compare him in terms of value with Capela, Clint is a 25 years old proven center of a team that has been a top 3/4 team in the league in the last seasons, Richaun had a good season so far, but in a losing team with other starters injured so, i feel like we can't overhype that much.

Giles in another young player with some upside, but similar to Valentine from the Bulls, he has been often injured, and in three years in the league he hasn't able to establish himself on a team like the Kings...i'm also prety sure they didn't exercise the team option on him for the next season so, he'll be unrestricted free agent next summer and able to leave for free. I also wonder, does he have a 3 point shot? Cause i don't think his defense is anything special, and he's not a true center, more like a Monroe kind of player so, if his defense is subpar and he doesn't have an outside shot, i don't really see a point for us to get him when we have Hartenstein.

Bjelica is a guy i like and i wished we got him instead of Anderson years ago, basically the same player, but better passer, probably better rebounder too...ass defense but hey, that's why he's not a starter on a contender.

But that's my point here, all things considered, i can see a trade with the Kings as a viable move for us, but we would have to get some real value out it, not just question marks so, Holmes and Bjelica yes, they help to match salaries and on paper fit well with us, but i also want to extract some real value here, get some assurance, which means either a 1st rounder or a starting caliber player, like Bogdan, although like i said with @steddinotayto i feel he's not coming here, he wants to start, get paid...both things aren't happening here, but i guess we could still trade him to a third team for a pick or another wing that fits better with us.

treyk3 likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think he would start here. Getting paid is another story but I'm sure we could get some value out of a SNT in the offseason to a team who doesn't have cap space. He has size to play the three.

6-6 6-11 wingspan.

Russ/Austin
    Harden/Eric
    Bogdan/ McLemore
    PJ/House / Giles
    Holmes/Hart

I would probably try to make a trade to improve the 5 after that. Maybe see if we could get Noel with the TPE and a 2nd rounder

Noel/Holmes would be a genuinely good rotation at the five.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Would you settle for this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rjp3css

Bogdan can get paid in Detroit. Kennard is on the block.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

He has the size, but his defense in not good, i'd say average at best but that's not enough for us when we already start Westbrook and Harden, i know the argument around here lately has been all about having guys able to make shots, but our defense is ****ing trash, if you trade Capela and get a worse and shorter defender at center, plus you had an average (again, at best) defender at the 3, we won't win **** tbh.

treyk3 likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You're right but we aren't winning as constructed, with or without Capela. It may be time to send him out for some depth. We are starting McLemore at the three and our other options are House and Eric Gordon. I don't think any of those guys are significantly better than Bogdan at defense at this point. Maybe we can bring back BZD :X

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really like Kennard, i think he's about to breakout this last part of the season or in the next one if he's not coming back in this one, but i would have the same problem with him i would have with Bogdan, i don't think it would be substainable to have him out there with Harden and Westbrook, that defense would be just bad.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@NetsInsider where is our Kuzma news?

I'd trade Austin Rivers and our 2020 FRP or 2 FRP using TPE for Kuzma if Austin wasn't willing to go to the Lakers.

Russ / Eric
    Harden / McLeMore
    Kuzma / House
    PJ
    Capela

This seems to put us in a better situation and maybe adding Jonah Bolden with Nene and a 2RP is enough.

Russ/Eric
    Harden/McLemore
    Kuzma/House
    PJ / Bolden
    Capela

with Hartenstein, Chandler and D Leaguers fighting for the left overs.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

My point is still the same, trade Capela if necessary to make a substantial upgrade, which means get a solid replacement at center and a good upgrade at the 3/4, otherwise just keep him, and have cheapass Tilman pay the ****ing tax for once and get a wing, we can still trade for a 7/10M player, maybe even more, we have two 1st round picks, cash, 2nd rounders, a couple of decent/interesting players to move, we aren't really forced to gamble by moving a piece of our core...again, if Tilman pays.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I'd trade Capela for Bogdan.

But then we'd have to flip Gordon for a big.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

can't trade Gordon until the offseason.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

NetsInsider, the guy who posted once and then vanished like a mouse fart?

treyk3 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

:p

I WANT SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN.

three way deal.

https://tradenba.com/trades/TvflVdoPa

Rockets get Kuzma with TPE
    Lakers get D. Rose and 2020 FRP from Rockets
    Pistons get Cousins (to waive) and 2022 FRP from Rockets

Seems reasonable enough

#818 treyk3, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Crowder can defend. Memphis can pay Bogdan and add to their young core.

Crowder is about the cheapest tough wing defender that may be on the market.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=r5q5elc

Then use the TPE for Kieff

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One can hope, anyway. Our team is obviously banged up and we've needed PF depth for a while now.
    I still think Markieff is more likely, but Morey has to kick the tires, with Bean Counter Fertitta looking over his shoulder.

treyk3 likes this.