1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker has nerve damage in right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey's been doing nothing but kissing Harden's ass on Twitter this season...

bmelo, ak99999 and juanm34 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not on the trade block. Hes too important to this team and I dont believe him talking about his injury(which a lot of players do) is about him trying to block trade talks.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

For Tucker to go down in last year of his coach contract is kinda like an omen.

U know MDA and Tucker like father and son.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

slothy420, elmotsang, Easy and 4 others like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Can't do much 'gangrebounding' with bad nerve endings.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

life isn’t this simple. Takes two to tango. Also opportunity cost of who else could be available/what deal could be made as it would hamstring you financially.

Gray_Jay and saleem like this.
  8. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He's making 8.3 this year, with a mostly NG contract next year, and he's busted up. With an injury he may not recover from with the rest the Rockets can afford him this year. Oh, and he makes the most of any tradable contract on this team besides the starting center and the two supermax deals. I'd be sweating bullets about being traded if I were P.J. No matter how tight he is with Harden.

I'm not denying how important a healthy P.J. Tucker is to this team. When healthy he's been one of the league's deadliest at the corner 3. But he isn't healthy now, is he?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's so sad to hear of this. P.J. is the glue that holds this fragile team together.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Oh please. The Rockets could have done this last week with the NG contracts of several players, and saved money in the bargain. I think I thought of Clark + Mac + a 2nd for Morris. Both teams save money. The Pistons especially need to do a deal like that, as they're some ridiculously tiny margin below the LT line with their garbage team. ~75,000 dollars or so, last I looked. They need to dump salary soon.

Your guess is as good as mine for why it didn't get done.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

**** mda **** tilmen

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Wheels falling off????????????????:mad:

13. HP3

HP3 Member

He's gonna heal what, he just has to rest. You know how many minutes he plays or how good he was at the beginning of the year or how good he was in the playoffs. He was very very good, you aren't gettig equal value back for what Tucker does for this team and this defense. So no, I dont think hes getting traded. You think his trade value has gone up or something, given how poorly he has shot? Or that its already been reported that hes had a shoulder injury? It doesnt make sense man.

Like I said before its already been reported that he's been injured before, its not a secret. A team could still trade for him and play him less minutes. I dont see how he even "tanked" trade value to begin with(lol like he is getting traded). Anthony Davis has talked about how he had an injured shoulder, was he tanking his value? No sometimes players talk about these things.

14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Take it easy big fella.

15. realonemo

realonemo Member

Why tf isn't Morris on this team already. Detroit is going nowhere.

ak99999 likes this.
  16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Sixth in the West -- this season's going about how you would've expected after the attrition of the past couple of seasons. And now Tucker's hurt. Could be enough to knock them out of the playoff hunt.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

MDA: PJ, you're hurt? Get some rest. I'll limit your minutes to 40. You'll be okay in no time!

18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

unable to shoot like a disable. It makes scoring difficult

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If Carmelo couldn't get any play then can't see Morris doing much better than Carmelo Anthony!

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston needs a good small and power forward.

D-rock likes this.