1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

How many times did Russ miss the playoffs after KD? You sound like a ****ing idiot. Smh

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Sef is a whole lot more rested than Tucker. It's malpractice, leaning on a 33 year old 6'5" player for over 35 minutes a game at the 4 and 5. Inexcusable, and I'm aware of their bench issues. If they aren't going to play iHart, then trade him. He might actually have value for someone.

Harden is 21-91 from 3 the last 6 games, per this tweet: That can't continue. MDA's the coach for God's sake. Bench Harden if he won't stop shooting the team out of the game.

Lots of standing around watching people with the ball play. I'm about over Danuel House watching things happen around him, instead of running for loose balls, or running to get open. Just signs of a fatigued team, or a team that's just about to quit. And I thought before the season that Westbrook was going to be the malcontent! He's been one of the few players who looks like he still gives a $hit. Glad I was wrong about him.

deb4rockets and J Sizzle like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

yes. Just love the squad. Want them to get the ring they deserved in 2018.

Maybe the stars align come April. That’d be nice.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, in the past couple months James has taken the 1st, 2nd, and 4th worst percentage games in NBA history with 15 or more attempts. 3rd place goes back to 1996.

Last night's game took #1. At what point should shot selection be important?

5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Are we sure these aren't the same kinds of shots that he was hitting a month ago, and he's just missing them now? Or is there a new defensive wrinkle that teams have started using against him that's causing him to miss? If it's the same shots, and nothing else is changing, then it's his execution that's faulty, not his selection.

That said, a coach would have pointed this out to Harden by now, and tried to alter his game approach to incorporate more passes, more P&R with Capela, etc... and fewer step-backs.

A coach would.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Two straight losses to the Thunder and CP3 is humiliating.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

As a commentator, you're paid by the team and your job is to
    build up your players and entice viewers to watch and come to games.
    Surest way to lose your job is to start criticizing your star players and hang a choke job on their heads.
    They have to fly and travel with the players too. Don't think word doesn't get around.
    Even a casual fan can see the bricked shots, missed layups, etc. . .

That's why THIS GUY is not a sports announcer

[​IMG]

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who knows. I imagine a lot of guys might have good nights once in awhile taking that many shots. I mean, there are 59 players in the NBA with better 3 pt percentages. He just takes the most shots per game.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I'm sure it was noticed...harden missed 15 or 16 three"s

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Bill was not afraid to call out guys when Calvin was sitting next to him, that's for sure. He did take a little jab at Harden later in the game. It might have to do with team dynamics nowadays and the amount of power Harden has. Maybe in this day and age it could get him fired as the Rockets are a sensitive organisation and Harden would not have it.

11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

We missed 27 threes in a row again

ak99999 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's really hard to watch, and even more hard to justify not adjusting the game around.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why do you keep shooting the damn 3 ball one miss after another? Can you just drive in or take a good 2 point shot.

ak99999 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I don't think I can recall a time where Harden has owned up to his shortcomings after a game. Even in the years of his horrendous defense, he'd say stuff like "WE just need to get stops, plain and simple."

Shrugs, I'm sure he'll snap back out of it any day now ...

ak99999 likes this.
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Rockets looking this THIS in the West

[​IMG]

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

Rockets shootaround

[​IMG]

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First one

Dort (OKC) is late to the spot and makes contact with Harden (HOU) which affects his SQBR on his drive to the basket. Harden braces for the oncoming contact and does not extends his arm to deliver contact.
    https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/referee-clips/0021900645_2209_DF BCAST_1509kbps.mp4

2nd one

Schroder (OKC) is beat to the spot and turns his body into Harden (HOU) and makes contact to his arm which affects his ability to maintain control of the ball.​

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/referee-clips/0021900645_2212_DF BCAST_1509kbps.mp4

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

something interesting i noticed during our horrid 6 game stretch of late, in 5 of those the opposing team won the FT disparity

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fine by me. Rockets deserve the loss for quitting with 6 minutes to go. Don’t care about a couple missed calls.

Downtown Sniper likes this.