1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons "seriously injured" in car crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Josh Smith, Jan 20, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I understand the car accident man... Recall correctly? if you dont know the history and how he was manipulating DeAndre, how are you gonna call me out on it? Like I said, Im a believer in karma. You can probably find threads about it here or on the googles.

Jontro likes this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Wow, hope he ends up okay

saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  3. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

And if the reports were correct, he was almost back to full health.

He seems like a pretty motivated dude to go through all those injuries and rehabs, but there comes a point when you say enough is enough.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  4. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

he's friends with the morgan family

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You sue the drivers insurance company.

hope he is ok.

DD

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bingo. We just found the drunk driver's clutchfans acct.

Terrible news.

Get well soon.

Drunk drivers just killing or trying to kill innocent people

hakeem94 and Mr. Turbo like this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When your lawyers speak for you, it is money. Remember the poor girl that got hit by a baseball with the Astros, the family let the lawyer talk. Expect a lawsuit. In this case, Parsons use the lawyer to prevent the Hawks from canceling his contract, or force the Hawks to pay the rest of the season. And his sponsors would likely find this an excuse to drop him since he has been mostly injured than playing. Mainly, Parsons want to get paid injured, or not injured. And with the lawyers telling us that he was not a fault, it gives his next team a clear mind instead of a clouded mind.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sadly- just 1 of thousands of idiots that do this across our country.

B-Bob and Reeko like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm certain these daytime drunks are not out having a good time but rather are low-functioning alcoholics going about their day------ basically drunk all the time, sleeps, wakes up to alcohol for breakfast lunch and dinner. Rinse and repeat.

But I get your point.

Patience and B-Bob like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That accident looks like a typical car crash. The lawyer is hamming up the injuries for money reasons. Parsons was at the end of his career but that damage doesn't look in any way career ending.

Richie_Rich, fba34, cheke64 and 5 others like this.
  12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Maybe a products liability suit against the car manufacturer? The damage doesn't look bad enough---though appearances can be deceiving---for Parsons to have been hurt this badly. Still, eggshell plaintiffs are a thing.

I don't know why people are expecting the Hawks to avoid paying Parsons under his contract. Getting clocked by a drunk driver isn't on any list of excluded player behavior I'm aware of. They probably do want him back sooner than Parsons is probably comfortable with though. As for sponsors, I imagine they've a force majeure clause in their agreement enabling them to cancel the deal if Parsons can't continue to shill for them. Big deal.

I hope he recovers fully and I hope the DUI driver is punished to the full extent of the law.

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Heyp called it. Just portions trying to protect his assets. Nothing wrong with that, just adding to the lore that is him.

Also, y'all should just Google the words Chandler+Parsons+charity. Results will show another non story.

15. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

How are YOU an expert on accident reconstruction based on one photo? The f@$k outta here

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't think it's for the car manufacturer, but for Parsons's "potential" future contracts. His contract expires this year. He might have gotten a vet contract after this one. Assuming he was at full health, he might get some playing time and could potentially earn more than minimum. This accident is a setback of a few months recovery, but very unlikely to be career ending. It's just fortunate timing to appear career ending. Any GMs likely wouldn't be signing him anyway, regardless of the accident or not. But now the lawyers can point to this as the reason he's out of the NBA. As for who he's looking to pay out for potential lost income, maybe his insurance?

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Good article. I liked this part because I, quite honestly, didn't think about the possibility of him taking out an insurance policy.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

OK, there might be loss of future earnings he could sue for. But from whom? Absent knowledge that e.g., the guy who hit him was a Coca-Cola delivery driver making deliveries while drinking out of "a 7-up bottle filled with a clear liquid and smelling of alcohol", who's he going to get money from? I doubt either he, the 3rd driver, or the dipshit that hit him have enough insurance money to make this worthwhile. Maybe there's a long-term care or disability policy we're not aware of?

The linked SI article really goes into this, BTW. It just seems like small beer compared to the 12.5 ish the Hawks still owe him, and that shouldn't be placed in jeopardy over this mishap.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Professional athletes are always close to losing a step and being out of the league. He may have been on his way out anyway but even a minor wreck could make an athlete fall from the pros. The parsons camp is just being smart.

amaru likes this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The car is messed up. In all seriousness, hope all is well for Parsons.

His ego might be hurt more than anything else.