1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Jesus. For Houston this year in Sports is quickly circling the drain. I hope the Astros come out with a chip on their shoulder the size of a manhole cover. If they come out sucking and flat that would just ruin this town sports wise.

rockets11206 and BigShasta like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Sometimes, analytics need to be thrown out the window. Today’s game was one of those times for James Harden.

The sad thing is Harden may have scored 50 today if he simply would’ve attacked the basket every possession. The Thunder had no answer for Harden or Westbrook’s drives.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. JazzLakerHater

The superstitious part of me believes they started this spiral with their scandal. The sports gods are punishing the entire city as a result.

4. MystikArkitect

Missed the game. Seems like that was a good choice.

Still think Harden can win a chip but hes running out of time. He needs to play defense and exist in an actual offense.

That made me chuckle a lil bit.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This is going to be a long ass year smh.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, this has been a terrible start to the decade for Houston Sports.

One of the worst months ever.

Astros only title tainted.
    Texans somehow blow a 24-0 lead.
    Now Rockets can't get a W after putting everything into this season.

I've been watching more combat sports, UFC and Boxing, at least then I can just enjoy the competition of it. Houston sports is just draining.

7. realonemo

realonemo Member

This is why my faith in him is lost he will never adapt. I watched countless postgame interviews from dude and that is his game. Live and die by the three. You see russ change it up and post more while eliminating the threes. I respect him for that.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's exciting to think that in 2 weeks we could do what it takes to fix this. I can't wait to see what Tilman and Morey do. If this past week doesn't wake them up then consider them brain dead and just pull the plug to end the misery.

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Missed the game but guess this won’t change until we see real change in the team. we can’t just stick with the same group.

ak99999 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

They may try and go after LTS..
    He’s been solid all year long.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get too excited bro...i get what you're saying but reality is we're still a bottom 5 team in the league in term of assets, cheap owner who likely won't let Morey go over the tax again...i mean, i hope too but i'm absolutely not positive about us making a substantial upgrade.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

I can't believe russell westbrook is really the best player on the rockets right now.

juanm34 and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Didn’t watch ... just looked at the box score .

Rare to see starters play 40 minutes when you get outscored by 20 in the 4th .

That means we were up big when the quarter started , we had at least some of our main guys in ... and still let it slip .

That’s Todays nba . However , I wish MDA would adapt . It’s not like we had scrubs in at the lead evaporated. But had that happened , and our starters were on the bench ... that would have been a preferable situation .

Looks like we missed a lot of shots . 9/45 from 3 is bad . Is harden just jacking shots ?
    Did we play into OKC’s hands ?

Common denominator is MDA

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lmao I come in at like 10 minutes and everything looks great until the coaches challenge

16. Texanstradamus

I’ve been known you weren’t winning a championship with harden as the number 1 option his 3 ball not good enough to stay hot in April may his droughts are really bad and he settles instead of shooting more easier shots

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Ownership = flawed
    Management = flawed
    Star Player = flawed
    Coaching = flawed
    System = flawed

So I'm not surprised that this team is sitting in the 6th seed.....
    People saying a great coach like G Popovich can fix the Rockets is delusional.
    Just like DeRozan, Harden is Flawed....

There is not 1 coach in the history of the sport that can fix James Harden.
    This is something that only James Harden himself can fix.
    Ask Hakeem Olajuwon...
    It wasn't until he made a change within...once that happened....he started winning championships.
    Harden is 30yrs old and still doing the same ****...
    Like the saying goes.... (If you Keep doing the same things, You will keep getting the same results)

Texanstradamus and Little Bit like this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

There's always the Comets...

Huh. Never realized they dissolved in 2008. Welp, guess Houston'll die then, sportswise.

manlisten likes this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Me either but he is playing like an MVP so there’s that.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden hasn't shot the same way since he went on that 3/25 run against the Hawks. He started that game out at 6/9 as well. I did state I was very concerned after that game but people thought I was talking crazy and that it would just be one bad shooting game for a while. I knew it would affect his confidence, and it clearly has.

That shooting slump has pretty much lowered his confidence and messed with his rhythm. Yeah, I know he shot well from the 3pt against the Wolves 2 games later.... but the game against the Hawks is pretty much what started his slump. He's 21/91 from the 3pt since the Hawks game. I don't think he's ever shot that badly from 91 3pt attempts.

Will he get out of it? Of course he will. But we literally need him to get out of it very quickly. We're losing momentum and we're letting other playoff contenders overtake us. Yeah, we're losing games because of defense.... and we're losing games because of Harden not carrying like he normally does.