1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. omgTHEpotential

I don't mind hoisting threes if you're behind and really need to swing for the fences... But when you're up double digits????????????? Just slow the game down................. Minimize other team's possessions...... This Rocket team is the easiest team to make a comeback against, because they give you more possessions to make that comeback than any other team would.

Harden might have sucked from long-range, but it's on the coaching staff to make adjustments to the general strategy.

tnluong84 and JayGoogle like this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

It's not a matter of who else should have taken a 3 besides Harden. It was one of those nights when his shot wasn't falling from behind the arc. He should have taken it to the hole instead of jacking up 3's.

NickKent, DreamShook and deb4rockets like this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i cant help it, i still believe in this team. i know we are better than this. james was bound to go on some kind of cold streak. this shooting was ridiculously good for a long stretch. its not sustainable for the high volume of outside shots he takes.

we HAVE to stop the small ball though. we get killed every single time PJ plays 5 yet we keep doing it. we can withstand james having an off night with westbrook playing as well as he is. james still has good impact just because of all the attention he gets. we need to play solid defense though. we have no defense with no rim protection. this should not be that hard to figure out. keep a damn big on the floor at all times. hartenstein is an energy guy. he has size and will put in the effort. tuck is 6'5 an can't jump over a speed bump.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To think 9 days ago in one game he had 17 pts 15 rebounds 1 assist, 2 steals and 5 blocks, and has earned a whole 5 minutes since. MDA drives me crazy with frustration.

Tomstro, joshuaao, cerophilik and 2 others like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Really?! didn’t see the headline posting up officially (nba or ESPN)

#1005 DeBeards, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nothing will change. They’ve been blowing leads with this all season. They will not change their ways, because they do not have a coach.

They’re okay losing these games. That much is clear. Things would have been adjusted if they really cared about winning.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why is he in the corner. . . he never in the corner?

Rocket River

Rocks92 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  8. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

This is what happens when the entire system is built around one player. Harden is a great player no doubt, his iso ball is good enough to take any team to the playoffs but does he lift the ceiling of a team's potential? I don't think so. I'd say he is not too dissimilar to Westbrook a few years ago. Amazing stats but doesn't give anyone else an opportunity to flourish.

manlisten likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Why is pj playing 41 minutes if Dantoni said he was going to try to cut back on his minutes?

Dantoni dgaf. He’s just doing whatever and occasionally gets up and screams at someone.

Ship him out and bring in a coach that will get on everyone’s ass including Jameis Harden.

MrSabotage, Rocks92, BeBreezy and 5 others like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

People on this forum will tell you that when Harden is 1-15 from 3, another step back 3 is a better shot than attempting a mid-range.

Lmao I turned Stream off when he shot that, I knew it wasn't going in

smp, NickKent and PeterKingX like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Devil Onion version of Woj.

DeBeards likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

I sincerely believe that MDA is not too worried because had Harden even gone 3-17 from 3, we would’ve won the game. That is how simplistic our coach is.

MrSabotage, BigShasta, smp and 2 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

never understood the logic of who else would take those. It's not even about that. it's about getting much better shots and making better decisions. dude is out here hitting for homeruns when the rockets don't even need that. stop trying to make highlight reels all the time and just do the little things to win games. the paint was open all night and they just went away from it. i shouldnt even say they. harden abandoned it just trying to eventually hit another 3. he never did

Crashlanded19, Houstunna, smp and 3 others like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

key words pre game routine. he always does this. he isn't focusing on one area

15. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Why is it entirely on the coaching staff? Harden has been playing basketball his entire life and yet he can't work out that hoisting that many low percentage shots is bad offense when you are sitting on a sizeable lead? The guy is just a plain idiot.

Bearded13 likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe just to see the ball go in the basket.

Honestly he's just gonna shoot another 15 step back 3s next game it's just a prayer shot at this point

DreamShook likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a fan of optimism.

Roomba likes this.
  18. JackLordsHair66

YEah so much for that 30 mins a night bullshit, I'm guessing Mike will justify it by using Clint's foul situation as an excuse.

MDA has got to go, but the sad fact is there isn't anyone to bring in at this point in the season, we all know MDA is a goner at the end of the season, I'm wondering if he and Morey actually survive the rest of this nightmare of a season at this point.

smp and JW86 like this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

At least the Titans lost

20. YOLO

YOLO Member