1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I think our coach needs to get his head straight and needs to take a timeout when its needed.

amaru likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

this is the thing

When something is working. . .seems like DanAndToni immediately tries to put a stop to it
    It feels so f*cking intentional

Rocket River

BigShasta, JayGoogle and amaru like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

You’d think MDA would have seen Harden struggling and gave Westbrook the keys in the 4th but he didn’t. Either MDA is scared of James or incapable of making the in game adjustment. Regardless, he isn’t the guy. This loss is on MDA.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wish we had a consistent scorer like Schroder coming off the bench. Gordon looks old and past it

amaru likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet Harden don't give a F... with his entitled a$$. He won't set a example of sacrificing to make a defensive play or a hustle play. Just plays like a guy that thinks it should all come to him.

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

One for freaking SEVENTEEN!!!

Doesn't take a genius to realize your shot isn't falling tonight from behind the arc but you just keep jacking them up.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]

deb4rockets and amaru like this.
  9. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Harden is the most selfish player in the NBA. And Russ used to be. I hate this team.

gumbleton3 likes this.
  10. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

after this game I am sorry to say but this is rockets stupidity at its best

vick and juanm34 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I give up, my spirit is broken. I'll still watch, because I am cursed with actually giving a ****, but you guys go wild on insulting the entire team.

BigShasta, joshuaao and Cstyle42 like this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't even blame Dantoni for this. Harden is a poor leader on the floor.

vick and PeterKingX like this.
  13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

For all of those angry at James taking 17 threes, please tell me who else was going to make those. Also, tell me who else could demand a double team to free up a shot.

On most nights, James hits 9 of those minimally. We didn't lose because of that.

We lost because of defense, and I don't think it can be any more obvious, James and Russell have no help. Dropping 60 points or more together should be enough. Our other guys don't show up. House is becoming a disappointment and Ego is out of shape.

Austin Rivers needs EPIC minutes when he returns because he fights like hell.

Clint can take a few seats for awhile. He's playing softer than Omer Asik against LaMarcus in the playoffs. I'm tired of that part of his game.

I'm happy with Russ and his better efficiency, but it's coming at a time when James is struggling.

Speaking of that, and I'm sure he'll acknowledge it (or MDA) but James is not (allegedly) at full strength. He's quiet about nagging injuries but he doesn't feel so hot. His performances over the last week show it.

Ugly loss...time for me to go write another chapter (I write so incoherently on here out of post-game anger) and relax. Love ya'll.

Deuce, RocketsTerps, SORF and 4 others like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Season ain't over, and i'm pretty sure that trades or no trades, the team will start playing well again and win most of the remaining games, but losses like this one happens way too often on this team, and will happen again. Like i said other times it's not a good sign, it means consistency, leadership (yeah, joke about this) and guts just aren't there.

HP3 likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

missed the game entirely.... i see DNPs for hartenstein and chandler. why the fukk have we gone back to this small ball crap ? is hartenstein constantly late to practice/meetings ??? does he loaf it in practice? wtf is going on ? i just do not understand this at all. we got outrebounded no surprise.

looks like james was off 1-17 from outside jesus.

wtf happened to this team/coaching staff during that 5 day layoff ? everything has gone to ****

amaru and PeterKingX like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

manlisten, deb4rockets and juanm34 like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He got paid too

18. omgTHEpotential

Oh well... At least I managed to put a bet on the Thunder as a mental insurance and tripled my investment. Could have been worse.

manlisten and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Watching James Harden play recently is reminding me of Baron Davis on the Clippers. Outshape chucker who is too lazy to get to the rim and throws a bunch of ineffective threes at the rim.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member