1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Stop. He makes the right decisions. The entire GS defense was designed to get the ball out of his hands in those late moments. Something we couldn't seem to figure out with Curry. That's not bad basketball by James, that's what good coaching by Kerr looks like.

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First Half
    Missed Free Throws
    Giving ball up and then walking barely pass half court
    Stopped Attacking
    Refusing to chase Klay baseline gave up 2 3’s

Second Half
    Stupid Offensive Foul when down 2 less than 5 minutes left
    Stupid Pass to CP3 leading to TO
    Walking ball up instead of pushing beating GS set defense

3. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I love Harden as much as the next person, but you have to be willfully blind and ignorant to not see him shrink in these moments. Is hiding from the ball the last 3 minutes until the game is already over the right decision? Is the offensive foul on Green when we still had a chance the right decision?

Last year and this year GSW were prime for the taking and he shrank when he was most needed. I'm done making excuses for him.

4. Homey the Clown

His numbers are great and they were decent tonight but it doesn't mean shyt if you can't break through when you have a squad that's capable of doing so. Unfortunately this latest 2019 playoff series against the GSW cemented his legacy. Curry proved why he's an all time great in the 2nd half after having 0pts in the 1st half. I never wanted to see a Rockets player on the list of MVPs who have never won an NBA title but Harden is definitely going on there barring a roster miracle. Championship window is officially closed. These Harden led teams are beyond frustrating to watch in the playoffs.

MVPs get both the glory and the blame. Harden is no different. He just can't get it done.

5. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

so nonchalant in the last 3 min

6. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

1-17 from 3

wow

apollo33 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Oh, it's this thread again.

Yes, he had a terrible game. But we literally forgot how to play defense in the 6 minutes. How many times did we leave Gallinari wide open for the 3pt shot towards the end?

topfive likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Something is wrong. He's never slumped like this.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Remember that Miami game where he missed 17 threes or something

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have a theory for why this team falls apart almost always by the 4th quarter. I posted it in another thread:

Off ball movement makes defenses make more mistakes. They have to fight through more screens. They have to make more decisions on whether they have to go under, over or switch on screens. More decisions in a possession by a defense increases the chances of more mistakes and more easy plays such as back door cuts for the offense

Also, if you ever played db in football or just played defense in basketball, you would know it takes more energy to defend than be on the offensive side mostly because defenders have to anticipate movements while the offensive player already knows where they are going. When you anticipate movements, you have to constantly correct yourself while maintaining balance. In the half court, you also have to fight through screens which requires more energy than setting them.

Harden's style of offense eliminates that advantage. Defenders can stand. They don't have to fight through screens nearly as much. They also have a lower probability of making a quick mental mistake. And since the Rockers play some of the most stationary style of offense in NBA history, throughout the course of a game, the offense that moves off ball more is gaining a net advantage in energy conservation. The opponent has to exert less energy on defense than the Rockets do when they have to play defense which has a effect on how the teams play late in the 4th.

In a way, Harden's style of offense these past two seasons allows opponents to exert more energy for their offense making defense just that much harder for a group that already struggles on defense.

mastan likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He knows what he has to do, he's done enough.

Kudos to him for sticking with this city biluz it seemed the end is nigh.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We created him. We’re the only ones that can kill him.

we literally did what OKC did to Westbrook and now he won’t change for anyone

13. macan

macan Member

op was right.
    rest in peace

14. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

he needs rest and somebody needs to tell at his ass and tell his ass just attack the damn basket we should have won our last 4 games

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He can change with another teams jersey on. Get him out of here. I'm tired of these small minded, half a$$ playing, lazy so called star players. We need success in the playoffs. Let this bum go play somewhere else and hang in their strip clubs with a retired jersey.

cheke64 likes this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden's style of offense is the reason why we make the playoffs... and we only have a problem with it when we lose. Nobody was saying crap when we were on that winning streak and when Harden was averaging over 50% from FG and 40% from the 3pt for that 25 games stretch earlier on.

I have no clue why you keep mentioning we should move the ball around when we don't have the players to even do it. Harden and Westbrook's supporting cast is terrible.

17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

1-17 omg :eek::mad::(
    Stop with the step back **** and go to the hole I had enough bricks.
    Maybe brick sickeness spread to beard and they somehow switch places? :oops:

I wish harden would be his 2016 self where he did the unguardable mid range J

Omg the haters from espn and yahoo boards are coming in full force. I for one are agreed with them.

One of the lowest point ever for a rockets fan.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems like something you’d want a coach to instruct.

Don’t we have a coach? What’s his name again?

19. JazzLakerHater

Someone needs to investigate what the hell happened to Harden in halftime at Atlanta. That’s where his downfall started.

Blackjack84 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WB and JH could take 5 to 10 million less for winning.
    Durant got flak yet he did just that.