1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'll go by what's actually happening in the real world.

Heat are better than the Rockets right now.

MrSabotage and ilovehtownbb like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You know as well as I do that is BS.

Morey isn't giving a straight forward answer when he's in the middle of a bidding war.

We probably won't get RoCo but Daryl won't stop trying until he's off the market or he uses the assets on someone else.

Rudyc281 and Gray_Jay like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

See. Wrong... i root for my local team but while its in Europe they dont get to play in NBA. I pay for this league pass, i buy merch, i watch live when i should be sleeping so i can go to work rested.... and then i hear lebron mvp and lakers chants in toyota center - thats just beyond me. In Europe they wouldnt be heard over whistles and if they were to cocky they would end up in hospital... not saying the brutal part is good way but its just different culture im used to and i pisses me off that Tilman or whoever runs those type of things cant even form a proper fanclub in tc. All it takes is 100 coordinated people and not one laker fan would be heard

ilovehtownbb, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Morey can change roster all he wants but its systems and coaching issue. Right it was superb a while ago when it was new but there are dozen of known ways how to slowdown rockets in playoff type basketball and they can flip Cp<>Wb<>whoever they want but its not the issue

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean sure, they might get to the 2nd round because of their great regular season but what is the point? They are going to lose to a team that has more firepower.

What some are saying is that he turned down playing on a better team to play in Miami. He did. Turned down the Sixers and Rockets and he would have made them both better teams.

The Heat just don't have the weapons to compete, they are just like those Hawks teams led by Horford and Bud. Well coached, disciplined, but they are not led by a generational talent and they have just one star. This team is more of a testatment to Spo's coaching than Butler's.

True, Rockets may not get to the 2nd round because of who they may face but I assure you they are the more dangerous team because of having more star power which tends to make all the difference in the playoffs.

Heat play hard-disciplined ball every night and if you do that you're going to play well in the regular season. The thing is, everyone plays hard disciplined ball in the post season, even the Rockets...and that's when talent comes in to play.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Systems don't win, players do.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I was next to the bench.

PJ was complaining a TON. About EVERYTHING; not getting the ball enough, no help on D, LeBron fouling him every play...

Clint has zero emotion. Like ZERO.

Gerald Green and Tyson Chandler did more coaching than MDA.

CF's favorite little engine House doesn't belong on a NBA court. He was constantly being told to move, get in position, and he was prepping more to do his bow and arrow than he was setting up for a shot.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how come they are better then?
    how do you measure who is better in the real word?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

#nodepth but nvm the fact that they played every single player eligible lmao

kcp<house oh boy

10. JW86

JW86 Member

No surprises there. Tucker will want to leave at some point if this continues. He does all the work yet gets very little respect from Harden and Westbrook by getting him some more shots.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tucker doesn't need more shots. He does need for harden and Westbrook to actually try on defense

RocketsTerps and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

What's pathetic is watching a team and owner that don't care about winning.

The superstar traded cp3 because he cares more about his hurt feelings and winning an MVP than winning a ring.

manlisten, ak99999, J Sizzle and 3 others like this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

The only "adjustment" by Vogel was sending soft doubles.

When your star has 6 turnovers, is 2-9 from 3 and doesn't play defense, there really isn't much you can do to win

bmelo, ak99999 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Capela is so soft.
    All these years, getting paid and he still hasn’t gotten rid of those rookie mistakes.
    It just looks like as long as he gets his avg in rebounds he seems okay.
    He will always be soft. And if he goes somewhere else we will see how much Harden fed him and how he will get lost.
    I mean his free throw shooting has worsen instead of improving. Just that simple aspect shows that he doesn’t care since he got paid.
    I would take Adams in a Heart best over him. Even if Adams isn’t as athletic or fast as Clint but he always plays hard and with effort.

:p we should have traded Clint and cp3 for Adams and Russ.

ak99999 and RocketsFido like this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Most everyone is adapting the broader system of 3s and paint. I agree that MDA's specific system isn't working at elite level because we don't have the personnel to make it work at that level* - whether his specific interpretation of the 3s/paint thing can work in the modern NBA? Who knows. But he's unlikely to ever change it at his age and stage of coaching career.

I think length would certainly make a difference. As much as we all love PJ Tucker, he is as much the problem as Gordon or Austin Rivers. All these guys are fantastic parts of a squad, but not long enough for the roles they get asked to play here.

*disclaimer: I've never seen MDA as a championship coach, and was shocked we have done as well as we have under him.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tucker won't even have to make that decision. Our front office had made it clear that we don't want him on this team by not offering him an extension.

He'll be free agent this summer and will probably join one of our competitors on a one year solid pay deal, we won't be able to offer him anything since we're salary capped.

There's a reason when Ariza left, he said he was tired of playing with a diva on this team that gets special treatment (hmm, wonder who he might be talking about :rolleyes:).

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Tyson Chandler was stuck in a plane at hobby airport.

His flight was cancelled : (

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rockets play here tomorrow...

RocketsFido likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure about the rumor of PJ wanting the ball more. What is he going to do with it?
    1. Pass up an open 3
    2. Step out of bounds trying to drive from the corner
    3. Take a 50/50 floater
    4. Short-pass a turnover

Hard to believe that one. Tucker is the man but I'm getting ready to move on if he has any value left.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Vogel was not even responsible for the biggest Lakers adjustment in 2nd half, it was Rondo.

Rondo told Kuzma to defend Westbrook. So continue doubling Harden and put a longer athlete on Russ, completely changed the game.

With Russ shut down, not one of the role players stepped up.

Even 4 vs. 3 not one Rocket role player could do jack.