1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House is the worst foward getting 28+ minutes a night in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxFanfrom93, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is ONE OF . . .no one is saying the only one

Rocket River

MrSabotage and D-rock like this.
  2. WestendMassive

House isn't entirely to blame, that should be more on Morey's shoulders as he's given MDA no better options than a guy who was floating around the G League last year to play 25+ minutes at the 3 and 4. The lack of genuine talent in the frontcourt is killing us.

We have the most explosive and dynamic guard rotation in the league and it means F all because our forwards are so bad.

topfive, D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He has never been the same since the shoulder injury. He was legit before then. I still believe this is injury-related more than anything.

Hank McDowell, Vivi and thedude077 like this.
  4. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

Probably yes. Right now his shot looks like fultz shot. But he was very helpful at the beginning of the season

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Had high hopes for him after watching his athleticism while dunking. But as usual, under D’Antoni he settles for 3s now and consistently misses it too. He just seems to hesitate a lot now. I feel like under D’Antoni players get worse. At one point Ryan Anderson used to have a solid mid-range game. But under D’Antoni he settled for 3s for so many seasons and eventually became bench warmer. I just do not understand D’Antonis love affair for 3s anymore.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

House has declined to "church league" level out there. He seems lost. Needs to sit. He is too much of a liability to get minutes.

topfive, apollo33 and BaselineFade like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Last year when he was good.... he could not get off the bench
    This year as garbage ..he cannot stay on the bench

F*cking DanAndToni

Rocket River

hakeem94, solid and beardsanity713 like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Blaming role players is stupid, raise your game people.

DD

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I still think his performance will level out and he will be a useful player again, but he's basically just taking up space right now

Even when playing well he should only be a 15-20 MPG solid bench player. The fact that we "have" to play him 25-30 minutes every night is pretty much a perfect example of why this team struggles. 5 good players, then a bunch of castaways and retirees.

10. JazzLakerHater

I was at the game last night, dude looks even worse in person than on TV. He his completely lost on both ends of the court.

D-rock and solid like this.
  11. andersongo

andersongo Member

Should have stayed on the bench.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Where is the French dude we signed?

Rocket River

13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

But all of you "geniuses"said he was the KEY.

D-rock and sirbaihu like this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I wonder if it's similar to the situation when 'the Prince' was here two years ago? Torn labrum? Something like that? Because he's just unbelievably awful now and I don't think getting 11 over there years is the reason.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s obviously not right. He’s a better player than this. My guess is maybe he’s playing through an injury or something? I dunno. Maybe the shoulder is still bad. He’s not a bad player, but he could be a headcase I guess. If it’s not mental, my guess is that the shoulder still isn’t right. He’s clearly not the same guy right now either way.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He started the season great. He was a legitimate rotation player.

Something is up with the shoulder and they’re not telling us about it. His decline has happened exactly after that injury was sustained.

joshuaao, Denovo and apollo33 like this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It’s fine. I know this is an unfamiliar concept to Rockets fans but this is what development looks like.

There’s absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t be inconsistent at this point of his career.

The only real problem is that there are people who thought you would get a contender level starter for peanuts lol. You get what you pay for. House is great value at $4m, and he’ll be better by the end of the season.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope so

Rocket River

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

If the injuries got him then it’s much worse now bc his confidence looks completely out of sorts also. That’s the worse thing that can happen to a role player.

Denovo likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are stupid

Both Russ and Harden put up 30+ points each, over 60 total. It's ridiculous that 2 best players have to have combined 70+ points total each game for Rockets to have any chance.

And when one star is out, the other has to have 50 point game.

Role players are AWOL and bench is disgrace.

King1 and Reeko like this.