1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said not happening. "not interested" aka minny said to houston go kick rocks. thanks tilman

BHannes2BHonest, J Sizzle and Vivi like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

LeVert can't be traded this season.

Then again, my guess is that Brooklyn extended both him and Prince with not very long deals to make them flexible contracts to trade, if you combine them you pretty much get a max contract, and since both of them don't really fit in Brooklyn with Durant and Irving, i expect the Nets to ship them trying to get a third star in the summer.

And just look at what Irving said a couple of days ago after they lost against Philly...

D-rock likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Of course we are "no longer interested" lol. We can't compete with Golden State's offer of Russell.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey told Tilman it’d require spending more than the vet min for a role player and Tilman called it off immediately.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rockets should've kept Covington when they had him, i know it's easy to say this now but the guy was already long and active on defense when he was here, looked like the perfect replacement for Ariza going forward, had a good form and range on his shot too...still can't believe Daryl let him go to keep Garcia or sign Black, that was one of his few/worse mistakes imo.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you would do the same if you were tilman, the league is rigged

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

less penny pinching

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i seriously doubt staying with the rockets would have turned out the way it did. It was probably the best thing to happen to him as far as career. He went to philly who we know were absolutely horrible, with 0 expectations. locked him up in a 4 year min contract. He was able to play freely and basically not play for anything during his initial years there. He never would have gotten the same full opportunity here. Credit to him though, he made the most of the time in Philly and built his confidence and resume as a player. And it made him into what he is today while cashing in big coming from an undrafted player

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey has made a lot of mistakes and this is coming from a long time supporter. This team's makeup absolutely sucks and I know there are financial constraints but JFC this team's construction outside of James and Russ (to a lesser extent) is so bad. Surrounding Harden with this mixture of talent is insulting. In a league driven by three point shots and long rangey defenders we have neither. We have a team predicated on three point shooting and we are relying on Ben McLemore to be our knock down shooter.

The league has caught up to Morey and he seems to be less interested than ever. He seems to find joy outside of basketball now (MIT Sloan and theater seem to be his bigger interests) and I think that's fine (I'd be checked out with Tilman as my boss too). We have the two pioneers of analytical basketball on our team and they both have the same thing in common. They never won a championship and those who imitated them did.

I hope this is the year they finally win a championship it but it's not going to be with the guys we have here. Luckily Harden is so good that when he is truly on he makes everyone look like a star. I think if we just add a player or two who can really get stops and start fast breaks for Russ we will transform, but this team is so guard heavy and shallow everywhere else it's hard to see it working.

Imanimal likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are screwed as soon as we signed CP3 to a 40m contract we were locked in - then made it worse by adding another year to that scenario with Westbrook.

Morey's worst move, IMHO.

DD

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

what about your guy House. you've been mighty quiet about him for someone you constantly raved about

topfive likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Houston receives:
    Terrence Ross
    Richaun Holmes
    Harry Giles

Orlando receives:
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Thabo Sefolosha

Sacramento receives:
    Clint Capela
    Houston 2nd Rounder

Ross is a plus defender, athletic, and a year removed from shooting 38% from 3.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Morey is sooooo overrated it is sickening. He has done nothing of relevance that has transpired into anything more than being competitive with flaws each year. Who trades a first round pick to get Shump??? Give away picks like they’re candy!!! It has caught up and our future will be bleak against the smart teams who haven’t sacrificed everything for one or two year timeframe (and we still suck).

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Any move this team makes needs to keep finances in account. Tilman is not letting Morey go into the luxury tax.

I know for a fact $2.6 is enough to duck the tax line but I don't know the exact number.

I wouldn't trade Capela for that package, we'd be better off with Bogdan than Ross.

I don't think he's overrated per se but he isn't some superstar anymore. He's above league average. He has a top heavy team and an owner who doesn't want to dip into the tax. It's hard to build a team around two guards making $80 Million. That pick for Shump was luxury tax based.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tilman does. you're blaming the wrong person. all the moves after this trash owner was gifted a 65 win team has been for the purpose of Tilman's LTS goals.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When they say they’re “still plan to be aggressive in the market” that means they’ll be closely watching who can be had for the vet minimum who won’t actually help the team much but will help fill out the roster while saving Tilman that sweet, sweet cash.

18. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I’m no longer interested in a Lamborghini. Still plan to be aggressive in the used SUV market.

topfive likes this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

thats awful

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like him as a role player a lot, he is struggling lately though - but everyone does - actually needs more shots and involvement IMHO.

DD