1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not to mention they're players who hustle. I'm tired of the laziness displayed in Capela and House

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I would pull this trade off, and get it going. Gives houston the pieces it really needs. Have to sweeten the deal with either 2nd rounders or what not. But this would tremndously improve the rockets.

Its based on Sac and Minny swapping centers, Dedmon and Dieng would be headline with Covington. But this is a blockbuster trade. I see Noah as an option to play center for rockets who is a 3pt shooter can space the floor and improve that needed depth we need at PF.

https://tradenba.com/trades/UhmBi9BmM

3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think the Rockets get him, but two unprotected first round picks is a very solid offer for a 29 year old role player coming off an injury.

There may be a team out there that is a top contender that is willing to top that offer, but I wouldn’t count on it. If the Rockets choose to they have second rounders as well.

Can you see the Lakers or Clippers or Sixers or Mavericks beating a couple of unprotected #1’s?

jcmoon, Gray_Jay and D-rock like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Valid. I guess we'll find out.

Nook likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think Covington ends up a Rocket because it takes a lot of factors to happen. However if Wolves want to move him, the Rockets are likely desperate enough to over pay.

ROXTXIA and J Sizzle like this.
  6. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

It is quite a sight

D-rock likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bend over Morey and take it in the a$$!

raining threes and Nook like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Philly and Dallas also want RoCo? Then it's not happening for us even if Tilman approves it. We don't have the assets compared to those teams unless we heavily overpay. If we do overpay, then basically expectations are championship or bust. If no championship, we can't even rebuild. It's going to be a rough 5 years if that happens.

9. Nook

Nook Member

What assets are the Mavericks giving for Covington? They have less draft picks. Same with the Sixers.

D-rock likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

maaaan what if the lakers decide to give up kuzma

11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Any thoughts on Caris LeVert? Feels like Spencer secured himself as the third option when KD comes back.

Ideally, I believe Morey is looking for someone who can help now and grow into something in the future.

Levert’s shooting isn’t ideal but his playmaking and crafty play in the paint could be something.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If they give up Kuzma , I'd like to be a 3rd party to that deal and have him end up here to play the 4 spot.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We need Gersson Rosas to do us a solid.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I think I might actually weep with joy if something like this came about. Hate to lose Clint, of course, and we've no idea if these guys could actually play together, but this would be a much more hopeful lineup than what the Rockets have now.

Surprising that Nene hasn't been traded yet, now that his contract is able to be moved. I'll be interested to see if the Rockets actually make a trade this year, that isn't a straight dump. I have suspicions the league and owners are still pissed at Morey for messing with their money, and I wonder if there's a whispering campaign to not help that guy any way, shape, or form?

D-rock likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Could just slide pj to the 3

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

H

this is much better. keep tucker. he's playing too many minutes now and is essential to guard kawhi leonard and certain players. I feel that we can resign him on a bargain deal again because he'll be older and he loves Houston. I want him to retire here. he's our captain.

D-rock likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker is awesome, but definitely serious concerns with his lack of production on the offense end. It wouldn't me worry much if Daniel House was playing well, but now you have two players that are essentially backing each other giving you garbage offensive output. Not only that, neither one of them wants to shoot because they don't want to miss.

I love PJ. He is my favorite Rocket, but asset wise we are limited. Obviously if we could avoid trading him, that would be much better. His defense hasn't been as good lately either, he has been fouling quite a bit.

Hard decision, I'm glad I don't have to make it.

D-rock likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

And yet, he's still a massive upgrade over anyone we have on the wing right now. Sad state of affairs currently.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As worn out as he looks lately, they might have to grab him by the wrist and drag him to the 3.

D-rock likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Depends. By "overpay", Morey might have to give up more than he wants, as in the Westbrook deal. By actual "pay"-ing "over", we're talking about Mister "Smaller Portions, Same Big Money" Saltgrass, Mister "This Gumbo Tastes Expensive, let's Sh*tty It Up" Landry's.

D-rock likes this.