1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Unless these dumbasses did in fact hide information and are still guilty further cheating, they should be in full rage mode at this point.

It actually makes me feel better about this upcoming season. It's gonna be us against the world, and they are gonna hear about it all year.

The dog days should be easier when you are constantly being gassed up.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since the "niece" tweet has already been disproven by the Beltran family, I think the former Warrior scrub should be more careful about his info sources...

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

They already released the reports. There aren’t any ****ing buzzers. It stopped in 2018. Just stop.

If you have to start with “I don’t know if this is trustworthy or not but if it is” then don’t ****ing say anything.

mikol13, arkoe and whiskeyred like this.
  4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Who would tell their niece the elaborate schemes they used to relay signs to hitters? Sounds like someone didn't get a nice present from Carlos this year.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Strip search players entering the field of play. The could be wearing **** rings with built in vibration triggered wirelessly. It’s the only way to be sure. There could be plants in the seats using binoculars and an app on their phone.

raining threes and NotInMyHouse like this.
  6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Who cares.

MLB did their investigation and it included 2019.

All this noise will just make it that much sweeter when the Astros beat them all in 2020.

I expect some players to get thrown at, bench clearings, etc...

The Astros are now must see TV.

7. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

The “niece” isn’t a niece... it’s a burner account for a player/coach who doesn’t like the Astros OR the yankees. The same account made a tweet about gleyber having some type of Device attached to his left leg also saying that the Yankees have been using two video monitors, including one set up in the bullpen. Definitely not beltrans niece, might be completely false and fake... however... I would think the Astros investigation is complete and no more punishment will come of it on our end... but if there are burner accounts and players willing to expose some sh*t, I hope those Yankees and their fans get their as*es roasted along with the dodgers

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

here is my thought on everyone saying we are going to get thrown at

IF this is something that truly only the Astros, Red Sox and Yankees did, then I agree. Opposing players will hate us and take shots at us

IF this is a much larger issue throughout baseball and we are taking the brunt of it cause we got caught, the fans will boo horrendously but the actual opposing teams won’t come after us

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

There will always be some red a$$ like Russ Springer that decided to throw at Bonds.

whiskeyred and htwnbandit like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, that’s something I never thought about. Something I would have never thought about in a million years. Thanks a lot.

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

yea, but more so today pitchers don’t do that on their own, they take shots at one of our studs then one of theirs is gonna get it

If MLB thinks this could be a possibility you can bet stern warnings will be given ahead of time, and the penalties for hitting someone in our games will be dealt with strongly

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

NFL Red Zone dude is already convinced Altuve was wearing a wire. JFC...

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I ****ing hate these people. I’m triggered now.

robbie380 and mikol13 like this.
  14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

"He keeps fouling off pitch after pitch. It's like he's not even trying to end the at bat."

"You're right, Sparky. And what's with the silly grin he's got on his face?"

Very inventive.

15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Honestly this is to the point of comedy. The report said there were no buzzers lol

16. astros123

astros123 Member

You guys crack me up feeling sorry for the players. Who the fk feels sorry for us fans who have to endure **** talking every day. As a mini-season ticket holder whos spend close to 10k in the past 3 years supporting this team, where is my apology? Have the players apologized to us fans who've spent our hard-earned cash? I was walking through IAH with my Stros hat today nd had many outsiders stare at me and even point at me. Don't give me this bullshit pity party for the players. These are millionaires who get paid very well to do a JOB which they CHEATED.

I'll always remain a Stros fan and you'll see me at opening day , because I rep this city no matter but stop with this pity bullshit. Who's feeling sorry for all the Dads who have to explain to their kids that their favorite athletes cheated? Don't give me this, "everyone else cheated so its okay bullshit." Guess what? Nobody else got caught the way the Stros did and that's part of life. Accept it and make yourself a better human being and learn to be humble. Whatever **** comes this way it's us fans that have to take the brunt of it.

Next time maybe don't include the entire team in your cheating scandal. I had NO problem with the Stros cheating but the way the cheated is what pisses me off. Banging on trash cans? Allowing role players and journeymen relievers in on your cheating circle is Amateur and reckless. The cheating circle should've included; Bregman/Correa/Springer/Tuve ND THATS IT. There was NO reason for them to be as careless as they were.

The person I'm truly sympathetic towards is Hinch and Luhnow. The city lost two good honorable men and its those men who I truly feel for.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Again... if this was common knowledge, known by Beltran and sources... why the hell did he not inform his employers (the Yankees) of this possibility?

Especially in a series where Altuve was killing the ball.

Anyways, if this is so easily in everybody's head... just imagine how paranoid opposing pitchers are going to be all year against this team. Every hit is going to be suspected of them "knowing". There are going to be cross-up's galore. And thanks to MLB rules, you can no longer have too many mound meetings to switch stuff up.

Of course, everybody does realize the transgressions happened in 2017, right?

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is probably my biggest issue with the whole thing. Media and social media always neglect to mention that the infractions were in 2017 and a little way into 2018. Then everyone goes off like it was happening in the past post season.

It's touched on here a bit. Although some of what Tucker Barnhart says is a little off it is a pretty good watch.

robbie380, mikol13 and Snake Diggit like this.
  19. msn

msn Member

worst. offseason.

ever.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  20. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Is there anything even remotely close to this for astros fans in franchise history?