1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carter Le Grand

Just goes to show what greedy SOB's we people are. Even the rich and famous can't resist being more so. Watching the Mike Kay show on the Yankees station and they make a pretty good case for Altuve being wired. Maybe the banging was only used because most of the players didn't want the wired buzzer. I NEVER SAW A PLAYER FIGHT SO HARD TO KEEP HIS MATES FROM TEARING OFF HIS JERSEY AFTER A GW HR. That realy smells.

More stuff is gonna come out for weeks. I don't know what's up with this "niece" informant, but her info about Beltran has been right on in the recent past. But there's another opinion on the Altuve thing: it was a burner account from a player that turned the rat....Beltran?

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wasn't Beltran on the Yankees staff in 2019? He could have easily just told his team/manager what was going on and ensure that they change every sign at all times (or use a different system) if he knew they were all wearing buzzers.

Unless both teams were up to something...

everyday eddie and right1 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Didn't they rock the Indians... in Cleveland?

I can't believe actual baseball players are thinking the trash can system is literally the difference between these guys being good hitters and these guys being average hitters. Yes, its more annoying that they even did it... because its pretty universally acknowledged that they didn't have to do it (unlike some very average hitters that decided to use PED's and got a lot better... for both home and road games).

I also can't believe professional baseball players are getting mad at being trolled by other team's fans on social media...

BigM, DVauthrin and everyday eddie like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'll be honest, I was pretty torn up about this at first. The Astros were and always have been my first love and to have this dark cloud hanging over their greatest accomplishment was tough to think about.

But all of this conspiracy BS that has come up in the last few days has completely erased any sadness. This isn't about finding the truth, it's just about burying the Astros.

Now I'm just ready to go tear the league up. I want to see opponent fans crying on TV. I want people to burn their team jerseys in the front lawn after we smoke their asses. I want Rob Manfred to be forced to look Jim Crane in the eye and hand him another trophy.

Astros 'til I die.

RayRay10, HatsForBats, msn and 6 others like this.
  8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I will say this, if any of the Astros players were wearing buzzers/wires in 2017, and did not admit to it thru the course of MLB’s investigation, they deserved to be banned for life, if for no other reason than punishment for unparalleled stupidity on multiple levels.

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Boo hoo, go get another tattoo you dork.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Twitter is 95% stupid on a good day. Best to avoid it.

11. CinematicFusion

That’s all fake B.S. All that happened in 19, a league official was in the both at that point and MLB just went through over 20,000 emails and interviews.
    Astros didn’t cheat in the 18 or 19 playoffs.
    That is certain.
    Don’t worry about all the crap on the internet.

What they need to start doing is looking at the 14,15,16,17 seasons.... let’s see what we find.

12. UrbanEnterprise

[​IMG]

this makes alot of sense now

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.

The media, and this mob mentality, is about to inadvertently create a different sort of monster. You can already see some other players coming forward being critical of how the media is trying to spin it. You're now seeing players come out against ex-players (now media members) for their sanctimonious BS remarks that could be considered hypocritical because of what went on in their day.

All the while, the Astros team on paper is still very much alive, healthy, determined... and if they were somehow fatigued and worn out after a long season, there's nothing like a me against everyone mentality that can re-energize a team.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Does it? If everybody on the team knows he's wearing a buzzer, why would they even try and rip it off?

Out of all the things that would have possibly been revealed in an investigation... why were they found clean of any mis-doing this last year, where you'd have a helluva lot more current staff, players involved vs. anything from 3 years ago.

RayRay10 and mikol13 like this.
  15. Carter Le Grand

That's an interesting thought, Nick. That would present QUITE a quandary for me if I was in Carlos' shoes

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The nice thing about the Yankees fans over analyzing buzzing band-aids today is that they are having to look at the Astros celebrating their AL Championship over and over.

RayRay10, raj87 and BigM like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Verlander and Greinke have to be loving this... the thought of no teams attempting to steal their signs this year... they were already great before that. Now?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Jesus, If this is true...

20. Carter Le Grand

At a time of tremendous euphoria one may forget what's in one's best interests. That clip is damning, pure and simple.

I remember my doubts about Marc Mc Gwire's Andro, but I'm no fool. All old school baseball fans recognized the cheating but forgave baseball for it. After all, getting an edge is NORMAL. Even a team can be forgiven, IE the White Sox of 1919. Cincy fans still like Pete Rose. All this crap will blow over, but your guys are in for some cruel signs around ball parks next season, especially in the Apple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.