1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Amy Klobuchar for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 10, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Last night, like all other nights, I did not take her serious as a candidate, and did not notice her makeup.

She’s never polled above above 3% on the RCP national average fellas, unless she has a couple of hundred million to dump into advertising like Bloomberg or Tom up her sleeve, this is very likely the end of the line for her.

The next debate requirements haven’t came out yet but if the restrictions increase on pace with the others this was her last debate.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Pete, Bloomberg are the only candidates that should still be in this race right now, and after a couple of months Pete and Bloomberg will likely drop out as well.

#161 ThatBoyNick, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. Major

Major Member

I believe the DNC has already said the next debate's requirements will change a bit because it will be the first debate after any voting has taken place. I suspect anyone that did functionally well in Iowa will be included, and she has a decent chance if the bar is low enough there. That said, I still don't see any real way forward for her at this point. She'd need to finish 4th at the worst, and that seems impossible at this point.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

She’s likely polling well enough in NH to qualify for that debate. Sorry to disappoint you Warren and Bernie fans.

But, yeah, she’s going all-in on Iowa. Anything short of a seriously strong showing will likely cause her to take a moment and consider her options. Especially, in light of what’s about to happen in the Senate.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Caucuses are funny critters. We'll see.

baller4life315 and Major like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with anything. That was the whole point.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Klobuchar has been my favorite for quite a while.

At this point , I don't believe she wins the nomination .... but she's set herself up very well to be a VP pick for any of the male candidates remaining.
    Don't think she works for Warren , two women on the ticket might be a bit much , just don't think people will vote for that ticket.

I hope she does well in Iowa and stays in the race .... but the numbers just aren't there. If Trump wins re-election , I'd like to see her give it another go in 2024.

If I were Bernie , she'd be my #1 choice as VP , kinda balances his way left with her centrist left and should help bring those mid-west states that don't particularly care for the far left.

Biden and Pete are already centerish .... but I still think she'd be a solid choice for either should they win the nom.

7. baller4life315

Klobuchar would be a fantastic VP pick in a normal election, but I have a hard time envisioning Biden or Bernie not choosing a black female. Good things happen whenever the Obama Coalition is engaged, and someone like Kamala or Stacey Abrams could check off both boxes.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Abrams I'm cool with .... smart , great speaker , not too far left and generally sensible.

Kamala is the grim reaper. I will not vote for any ticket she is on - period exclamation point!

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought Bernie won all of the Midwest states against Clinton. Or am I wrong?

10. Major

Major Member

Winning a primary doesn't really reflect much in terms of winning a general. States like Oklahoma and Utah went to Bernie, but it doesn't mean they like the left as a whole. FWIW, here were the results as a whole in the primary (Green is Bernie; Yellow is Hillary). Hillary won PA and OH; Bernie won MI/WI.

[​IMG]

joshuaao and baller4life315 like this.
  11. B-Bob

Bernie won the rest of the planet tho!

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

All the Way with Amy K.

Jayzers_100 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. B-Bob

so you’re talking way more than a selfie here.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clint eastwood disgust.gif

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If The Grim Reaper (Kamala) ends up as the eventual winners VP pick - I might just write in Klobuchar in the general.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am a policy issue driven person and Warren is still my second choice despite her panicked bs in the last few days and continually backtracking on Medicare 4 All which makes it a bit hard to believe previous policy pronouncements
    I would pick Klobuchar only above the phony youngster Mayor Pete from the folks on the debates However, Klobuchar sure blows away Warren if all you care about is having a woman with a winning personality.

17. baller4life315

Kamala has a lot to learn and her campaign flopped for a reason, but don’t waste your vote like that.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

She has done enough to be Biden's VP. What else can she accomplish? Aside from her pleasing personality and her identity as a Midwestern as a woman she honestly says she wants to defeat Trump badly, but realistically there cannot be much change.

19. baller4life315

She’s more than qualified to be President, let alone VP, but I just don’t think there’s any way Biden or Bernie (two most likely nominees, that also happen to be very old white men) won’t pick a minority candidate for VP.

Any candidate for VP will have to do one of two things: engage the Obama Coalition or appease Bernie’s hardcore fan base. Apart from Bernie winning the nomination outright, I have a hard time seeing the latter accomplished.

#179 baller4life315, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No vote cast is a wasted one .... and I aint voting for someone I cant stand to be that close to POTUS.