1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting at Bellaire High

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, Jan 15, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He's saying McMansions are the big houses in the suburbs that look alike that really aren't valuable.

A lot of those homes in Bellaire and the Heights are custom but.a lot aren't but they hold value cause of area

I worked in commercial lending twenty years ago fresh out of college. I worked at a bank in the Heights. We had a few independent builders as customers

One built this house in Bellaire and stopped paying paying on his construction loan after about 90% complete. He just disappeared. We eventually got a letter from the fbi requesting information for a drug case against him.

tinman likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know what they are. It was supposed to be a joke. It may be a high income area, but those McMansions are gold plated nouveau riche trashy - more about looking expensive than being well built.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think the homes in Bellaire are nice. I've never built a home so im in no position to criticize regardless.

That being said i think the homes in Bellaire are mostly custom. The Heights has a lot of streets with homes with the same design. Houston-s redeveloped areas are awesome.

I had no idea how nice the houses are off Washington until about six years ago. I would always drive down Memorial but when i got into those neighborhoods, i was stunned

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1. It's difficult to take away any privileges from these kids because they have advocates supporting their rights.
    2. Yes

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Fugg that. Need to start giving them the shawshank treatment by singling them out and start beating them with socks filled with bars of soap in a undisclosed location.

Dafuq? Thats not them even trying to be tough, thats just gay with an underdeveloped teen brain, thinking they need to do what they hear goes on in prisons.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

How is taking a loaded pistol to school an "accident"?

IBTL likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ogg continued saying, "So, this is not an accident because pulling a trigger on a gun, whether you know if it's loadedor not, is an intentional act, but he did not, based on the evidence we have right now, intend to kill his friend, yet he did."

No Intention to kill is why it’s manslaughter charge vs murder.

8. Buck Turgidson

Why was the gun there in the first place? Accidentally? This was my question/point.

IBTL likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Kid wants to be cool and brings gun to school most likely.

That doesn't change charge from manslaughter because he didn't "accidentally" bring it. He didn't bring it to commit a crime like robbery. Maybe there is a crime in bringing it that he can be charged with.

I understand your point but it seems they have determined he didn't bring it to intimidate someone.

#49 pgabriel, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what about the dead kid? Are you concerned for him? Lots of feeling bad for the poor jackass kid who killed someone.
    smh

Imagine how concerned you would be for the killers future life when your childs future life was zero? lovely

thanks this connects the dots for me on your d&d posts

da_juice, jiggyfly and JumpMan like this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They could tack on more charges for illegal gun possession, violating a gun-free zone, reckless endangerment, or whatever.

I was concerned for Cesar initially. Went to his vigil. But he has died and there is really nothing at all to be done for him anymore. Still concerned for his parents. My own kids are only a bit younger, and I have a dread feeling of what that'd be like to lose one to a stupid reckless thing.

But, does that mean I can't also be concerned for the shooter who, from accounts, was not acting in malice but just did something incredibly boneheaded? In order to signal my concern for Cesar, I have to turn my back on his friend who is living in a nightmare of his own, a boy still alive and who could potentially find comfort, help, repentance and forgiveness? **** that.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People lack empathy in complex situations. They'd rather throw away two lives to avoid feeling anything for a dumb child who made the worst decision of his life before he was old enough to watch a R rated movie.

That's how much we value human life and how little we care about each other.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and da_juice like this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

The way you describe the disparity between the Honors program students, atmosphere, attitude, and competitiveness and the regulars program kids is the exact same experience I had at Klein Oak in Spring. The school offered all the tools if you WANTED to study hard, learn, and succeed, but boy you could also do absolutely zero and graduate with a diploma if you were lazy.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

U brought a gun to school for what? He deserves at least 15 years just for being that stupid, then u can tack on the rest of the charges. Moron...

IBTL likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Value human life? What about the jack ass that brought a gun to school?

He cared so little about someone he brought a gun then shot someone no less.

Lets coddle him and feel bad for him?

Wow

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very on brand at least you are consistent.

17. Buck Turgidson

Have they said where/how he got the pistol? I'm assuming from his home? The gun owner should be charged as well, moreso than the kid.

I was never saying the kid deserves to be charged with murder, I was saying that this was not a "terrible accident", it was a conscious decision to do an incredibly stupid thing.

I do not like gun violence in any of its forms.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because the dynamics of the problem of violence are consistent. To break their consistency one has to be honest.

I backed off the first post in this thread when the shooting was deemed unintentional. But since you find the need to consistently comment on me and not the thread subject, my intention is for young black males to stop ruining their lives before they start. Do you have an issue with that?

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've been around Bellaire my whole life. My mom grew up there in the 50's, so i always had my grandma there, and then my parents moved there in 1987 and just recently left when my dad passed.

When I was in HS, we were the houligans in Bellaire. Police knew myself and a few others on a first name basis. I went to court so much that when I went to deal with a ticket a couple years ago, the prosecutor still remembered me. The look on his face was priceless.

Only one of us still lives there in the old AJ Condit house on First. I'm sure it will be torn down soon, but I guarantee we will throw one hell of a party there before that happens.

As to BHS, I was there in the late 80's when it was known as "Hebrew High." It was still a diverse school (especially after Kingwood) but that was part of its charm. Only school I ever went to where the cliques all got along with each other. Most of my closest friends are from those BHS days.

Shame that this happened, but this wasn't the "school shooting" stuff that has been all over the news these days.

Last house party we had there.

[​IMG]

pgabriel likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lol. Tragic story turns into me, me, me....