1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is simply not a leader and never will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 15, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he brought cleveland a championship. if you ask cavs fans now about him, I'd say they wouldn't be b****ing anymore. and quite frankly they shouldn't. cleveland is a dumpster and he went on to not only pursue an opportunity for him but for his kids now that they're getting older. so he got the best of both worlds.

Vivi likes this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How can someone be a good leader if they leave because they feel they cant win? That makes no sense. Its like you guys want to ignore all of Hardens good traits just so you can talk **** about the guy. He could have easily left Houston he didnt have to re sign with us. Is that not a good mark of leadership? Sticking around even when things are tough?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Prior to these 2 losses we were 7-3 with the 4th best net rating over our last 10. We had the 2nd fewest losses in a very competitive conference. Harden had and still has a stranglehold on a top 3 MVP season.

Two losses. And people lose their god damn minds.

Some of you guys are so knee jerk, what have you done for me today types that I don’t know how you enjoy anything.

No one. Not anyone with a brain looked at our roster and said this is the best team in the league. Yet it feels like the expectations around here are win every game and if you don’t it’s proof the franchise from top to bottom is unfixable. No team in NBA history has won 100% of the games they were favored to win.

If I’m not mistaken we started last season 11-14 and then finished 20-5. It’s an 82 game season.

HP3, SF3isBack!!, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe
    Or that the leader failed him when he needed him.
    The leader has to have a requisite set of skills AND availability

CP3 was a but lacking on those last year

Rocket River

Blurr#7 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

leadership and deciding what you feel is best for yourself personally are not related

Vivi likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

The entire team has sucked lately. Russ has sucked less than he did earlier in the season, and McLemore and Hartenstein have done their jobs. Everyone else? SUUUUUUCK.

The meeting was called not because some guys weren't playing well; it was called because a personality issue of some kind has developed behind the scenes which was causing the TEAM not to play well. Hopefully they got it straightened out. Time will tell.

SF3isBack!! and BaselineFade like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Loyalty is just a small part of leadership. The harder part is putting in the effort on the court. Scoring is the glory aspect of basketball. Harden works on only the glory aspect. He isn't held accountable for all the dirty work needed. Teammates don't usually respect that. "Oh you get to put effort in the only part of the game people measure for greatness". He has to put on the effort in other aspects of the game. He needs to place himself accountable first before he can be a on court leader.

TimV likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Also the idea that CP3 is a leader but Harden isnt is also a joke. Given that Harden had less talent than CP3 and still made it farther in the playoffs and most of CP3's former teammates cant stand him Ima go ahead and say that leadership stuff is bullshit. You guys are basically saying that his demeanor is what makes him a bad leader and its silly.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ahh so it is a part of leadership then? OK So how is Lebron a good leader then?? (Its funny how I took leadership classes in Business School and in the the Navy but I got guys trying to define leadership to me lol)

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Draymond says "F%$! YOU!!!"

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao. this is your post "there is no way you who is not in the NBA can quantify who is a good leader." yet you're trying to do the same. who are you again? this post is silly

it's funny how he has guys vouching for his influence yet some random on cf's says otherwise. cool

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LeBron is a great on court leader. Him leaving teams is not indictive of his on court leadership. You are overblowing that aspect to discredit the most important part and that's leading on the court in game time.

Also I'm pretty sure LeBron probably pushes teammates and himself hard on aspects such as defense even in practice sessions. I don't think Harden does that. Kobe was notorious for pushing teammates in practice.

Harden's loyalty is also beneficial to him. He's in a offensive system for the past half decade that purely suits his style. Not many coaches will allow Harden to have this little accountability and free reign on offense. He gets his scoring titles and record breaking scoring seasons on this team. I think he enjoys that.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

#1 Youre using words like "Im pretty sure" because you dont know thats the ENTIRE POINT IM MAKING. YOU DONT KNOW.

#2 You dont get to cherry pick leadership skills from Harden and then cry when its done to Lebron. Are you even a Rockets fan?

#3 The idea that Harden staying with the Rockets when he could have bolted is just beneficial to him is the most asinine thing Ive ever seen anyone say in the group. Its ridiculous. Your posting is ridiculous.

#4 The idea that Harden has little accountability and has "free reign" and it is something that he could only have with this coach on this team is ridiculous as well. Considering we would be a far worst team without him, your entire concept of what benefits Harden is a logical fail. Anything that is good that can be said about Harden you immediately tell me to ignore it and it doesnt count. I think you are a troll who doesnt know he's a troll lol

#5 "Hardens LOYALTY is beneficial to him" Harden is a superstar and I want you to think about what you just there.

#253 SF3isBack!!, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Ok so what if Harden pulled the same stunt Kawhi did to get out of SA? Then jettisoned to the Raptors then the Clippers? You’d j*zz yourself with excitement!! Oh btw you hear the conversation going on in LA? Trez already called everyone out and that’s just what came out not what’s been said on the bench.

HP3 and SF3isBack!! like this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s not entirely true. Great leaders sacrifice for the better of the team. Not bolt when the going gets tough. They certainly don’t have a hour special torturing their home city while they “decide what’s best for you personally”

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure it is. just bc you stay in one city doesn't make you some leader by default. that speaks towards loyalty not actual leadership. he spent his first 7 years there. he didn't just bolt after his rookie deal. none of these players have to do anything for anyone but what's best for themselves. these owners certainly have shown they;'re looking out for themselves. the average fan takes it way too personal on what they think so and so should do.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If anyone was STILL under the impression that Harden/Dantoni give us a shot at a championship, then those folks should just stop watching basketball. You don’t get it and you never will.

LabMouse likes this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Didnt they give us a shot in 2018?

Blurr#7 and BaselineFade like this.
  19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I would say that it's not built into his nature and over 82 games it looks like he can't keep that energy every game. Last night was one of his worst from an offensive perspective/energy. Defensively, he was alright - average for his standards. There were plays where he was engaged but he just gets beat by his man a lot these days on the perimeter. Over his career though, he's definitely grown in that area and his leadership will come up big as the season gets closer to the playoffs.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Name a "complete scrub" that had his career high when he was primarily defended by Harden. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

SF3isBack!! likes this.