1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to the Houston Rockets Owner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Disagree. MDA has said publicly how he runs his offense since he believes it’s the most efficient way to use harden. The coach runs the style of play and this is Houston’s style. Now you can blame morey because he has a large part To do with how the rockets play. Maybe it’s time to take a step back and have complete assessment of where we are and perhaps implement changes because whatever product out there that Tillman and morey and MDA have hasn’t worked in terms of championships and playoff success. The 2018 series against you know who showed a flaw in the system/personnel.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If Tilman hadn’t already been cheap we would have Melton, who is 10th in the MFIng league in RPM.

Or Salary to trade. Covington maybe?

or House could have played more last year and been more prepared tho season.

“You did this yourself”

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  3. psaman17

psaman17 Member

On behalf of the Ferttita family, i would like to thank you for your support and understanding. Regrettably, Mr. Ferttita would most likely not be able to read this post as he is on a mobile plan with no internet access. I would be happy to forward this post to him. He would be delighted when he reads this on his HP laptop.

4. dejamike

dejamike Member

I tried to support Tillman by going to the Golden Nuggets when they first opened. I went on a weekday, and the minimum to play any table games was $25.... If I am going to play $25 a hand, I might as well go to Vegas.

da_juice likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you can't play $25 locally, why it be any different playing the same amount in vegas where everything is more expensive ?

6. dejamike

dejamike Member

I understand what you mean, but what I am trying to say is if I am going to play a higher minimum table, I would have gotten a better comp in Vegas (Food, shows, rooms, and etc). There is really nothing much to do in Lake Charles lol.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My message to Tilman is FCK YOU and take your luxury tax savings and shove it up your ass.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's probably some truth in that.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You invest whatever money you have.

A few years down the road...PROFIT!

When was the last time you invested a big chunk of your own money to make others "happy"?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

A few years down the road, the Rockets are the least popular team in Houston and what do you think is gonna happen when this franchise gets flushed down the toilet after Morey leaves????? You think hes gonna make more money?

I dont give a crap about the perspective of a scummy fake billionaire like him, I honestly do not. The people who care about the perspective of super rich people like that are one of the reasons we have a orange buffoon as POTUS.

da_juice and D-rock like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tilman is going to sell the Rockets for $3B and profit $1B.

He will be laughing all the way to the bank and will just end up buying it as well.

He is not going to be able to do that if he keeps throwing away money at fat contracts and luxury taxes.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

So you think he'll make more money from a team that is hot garbage? As opposed to when he bought a 65 win team?

If he went into tax last year, we could have won the championship. If we didnt try to do stupid deals, we could still have assets like Melton. He is a terrible, cheap owner. LOL and if he fires Morey(and he really might)...this franchise is going directly into the toilet,lets see how much of a profit he makes then.

D-rock likes this.
  13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I know you read this forum. Dear Zboy you suck balls and stop trolling cause you giving me blue ballz.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Only a few teams win championships.

Owners still make a lot of money.

You dont need a championship to make money owning a pro team.

Tilman is smart. He knows the math.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jeebus H Cryst Tinny!!

Play another song already, real fans are actually worried about winning another trophy, stop b****ing about nonsense.

You are an old man, but you act like a baby.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Honestly I dont think the current model in professional sports is sustainable - all these leagues eve increasing revenues / salary caps ?? Just seems like we've hit the pinnacle or close to it. Maybe this is more telling of the economy in general - people have money to spend but when we hit a downturn .... all these leagues will take a huge hit.

I expect when Ferntits does sell the team , it will be at a substantial loss - A no more China , B They wont be good. C See Above.

Its one thing to pay top dollar for a team that's fighting for championships every year , quite another to pay top dollar for one thats been run into the ground.

Keep your Orange Buffoon out of the GARM .....

DeBeards, Gray_Jay and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe yes, maybe no...time wiill tell what happens to the league.

I agree.
    Agree again.

I said what I said bro, if someone wants to report me they can. I rarely bring up politics in GARM but Im not gonna apologize for my analogy.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How about no. Or is this the all-sarcasm thread. I think JB Bickerstaff is available?

DeBeards and BaselineFade like this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Sarcasm.

napalm06 likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"I like my politics more than you or community decency. Cmon, make me a martyr on a message board where my comment has zero pertinence to the topic."

DeBeards likes this.