1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to the Houston Rockets Owner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Making smart business decisions is not same as being negative.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

even if it means you have no intentions on maximizing your chances of winning. well I'll say I easily disagree

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Players only meetings go nowhere.

It is time for an Owner Only Meeting.

D-rock, Downtown Sniper and slothy420 like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ok, Tilman.

D-rock and jowman like this.
  5. jowman

jowman Member

Tilman give you a coupon for a dinner at his restaurant for you to suck his dick or what?

D-rock likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

So you have arrived....

7. vick

vick Member

Tilmam can either spend money and HOPE they play better in the playoffs, or like in cards, fold and wait until later. This team can't beat bad teams. Like the song says, You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

inb4 someone starts a player's only meeting thread.

wasn't a player's only meeting. MDA was late to his post-game interview because he was in that meeting, too.

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well it’s almost certain that he will let MDA go hence the non contract renewal. Unless the rockets win it all but that’s looking more unlikely with how this team has been playing. MDA style yields huge gains but also huge losses. It’s not working in terms of consistency. At least not with the current personnel. The defense isn’t working. The rotations leave many observers scratching their heads. MDA has been successful but his tenure may have run its course. Maybe the best rocket team is the team that has more ball movement and off ball screens while playing James off ball in some sets. Maybe the next coach can figure this out. MDA has done a great job in 4 years or so here but maybe a change needs to happen either at coaching or executive level (morey).

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

what I noticed in tonight’s game against blazers is too many little things missed. It’s these little things that matter. PJ doesn’t seem like he’s playing hard anymore. Mclemore throwing balls away on the inbound. Shooters hesitating. Capella throwing up wild shots in the paint. Absolutely no movement no continuity in the half court set. All this adds up. I still don’t understand why all the players defer to harden. There’s no autonomy for the other players in this system. But then again a lot of the players lack the ball handling and dribble drive skills. This is where they miss the playmaking ability of Paul to find small seams with passes to cutters etc. MDA offense makes it really difficult to be freed up for easy buckets. It’s all high screen and rolls, ISO or Russ posting up.

Gray_Jay and BaselineFade like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dear FernTits.

Shut up and Listen ....

No , we don't want Ferntits Junior as the GM , we like Morey just fine , how bout you sell the Rockets to someone who isn't a cheapskate and buy the Pelicans , we like teams with cheap owners in the division. Better yet , buy the Spurs & fire Pop .... so maybe our new owner can hire him to replace Mike , Dan and Tony.

#31 Corrosion, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Genuinely surprised people have a message other than, "go f*ck yourself" to Tilman.

That's my only message to the clown.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Isn't Fertita's networth multiple times what Alexander's is or was? He is just a penny pincher at his worse after all?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry OP, pretty sure basketMAD would have done it better

Deckard, clutchdabear, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Dear diary....

tinman likes this.
  16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

We playing so bad, I’m starting to agree with all these talk shows.

vator likes this.
  17. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

this is not MDA offense this is hardens offense. Doesn’t matter who the coach is the offense is going to be the same. Yes MDA is clueless on defense but I’m pretty sure his offense was to score fast to get more possessions run the floor and swing the ball for the open three. We have the players to run that offense but when you have a star that wants to keep throwing up crap and pout and not get back on defense then the other players start to feel a certain type of way. We can change coaches and thing might look promising like the did the first few years MDA was here but we will still be back here again trust me. There is something about harden that the team is getting fed up with but no one is going to said anything to him about it

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Game respect game.

19. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I don't care if Tilman saves money. I want the Rockets to be good. If that means year after year is he's in the luxury tax, then so be it. He bought the team I love. I didn't. People need to stop caring how much a billionaire will be saving.

D-rock likes this.
  20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I’m still stuck on him not adding salary to the Westbrook deal.

might be a nail in the coffin. What are we going to get for Nenes contract? More LTS

actions speak louder than words so we shouldn’t shut up and listen. All we have to do is watch — #LTSistheVision