1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is simply not a leader and never will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 15, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am one of the few ones that probably waits till the off season to pile on him.

Coasting thru the regular season. o_O

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree that his body language hasn't been great, and he seems disinterested or upset about something (maybe trying to get the Rockets to play somebody? trade somebody? maybe a teammate banged his gf?)... but I don't know what you mean about "blaming others". I haven't seen that on the court.

Anyway, typical what-have-you-done-for-me-lately reaction. We'll beat LA on Saturday and start a small winning streak during a tougher schedule, and everyone will forget all about this, only to lose their **** all over again when we drop two in a row to a couple mediocre teams.

Rockets seem to mostly just be going through the motions to get to the playoffs.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was thinking about Capela the other day. Good player, but weird injuries.

Didn't learn how to be humble, whenever he opens his mouth, we are that good, we are champions.......

tweeted some foolishness.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

Hate to say it, but it feels like he's kinda running out of gas..

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Regular season hero
    Postseason zero

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

You Can't be a Sometimey Ass Leader

Kevin McHale: James Harden is not a leader

Leading a team not part of James Harden's personality

"James can see all the passes and do everything, but James is not a leader," McHale said. "He tried being a leader last year, tried doing all that stuff. I think Chris Paul is going to help him just kind of get back into just being able to hoop and play and stuff like that.

"But on every team, you have to have a voice. On every team, you have to have somebody that when they say something, people listen. Like if James tells you, 'You've got to play better D,' are you going to listen to him? Like you've gotta be kidding me. I lived through it. Believe me, everybody in the locker room did this," McHale said, putting his head down with his hand on his forehead. "Every time he mentioned defense, everybody would put their head down."

McHale believes Harden will benefit from Paul's leadership ability as well.

"Chris Paul is going to push him, too," McHale said. "When he does that stab in the backcourt, doesn't get a foul, looking at the referee, not running back, Chris Paul is going to jump his butt. That's going to make him a better player.

"I just think Chris Paul will be good for James Harden. It will allow him to just be what he is, which is a phenomenal basketball player, not trying to lead a team. That's just not his personality."

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he is not Gilbert Handgun Arenas.

From Zero to Hero, from Hero to Zero.

To McHale 'who is the clown here?'

DeBeards likes this.
  8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You’re the same kind person that thought Karl Malone didn’t win a ring because he was bad, rather than the teams around him weren’t good enough. In other words, you’re a dumb ass.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#StayCalm

Just have to find our legs.

Lawlruschang and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

rebuild from scratch with an owner like Tilman...

Smh, y’all just type without thinking.

DeBeards, Blurr#7 and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

We’re still doing crack in 2020?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the time to be nice went out the window a long time ago HP3...these clowns need to get checked for their ignorance and stupidity

Blurr#7 and HP3 like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

more like 60% as good if things go right since a player of Harden’s caliber comes around once every 10+ years for a franchise if you’re lucky

arubato and HP3 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets won 1 playoff series in 17 years before Harden got his team to the WCF in 2015

Any star that’s come to Houston or even thought about doing so came because of Harden.

yeah, let’s rebuild with Tilman as owner stocking up on mediocre talent hoping we get blessed with a legit franchise player down the line :rolleyes:...u morons always show up after a loss talking all this dumb sh*t

death, taxes, and idiots invading CF after a loss...

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Said it a while ago, but if this season ends with a playoff clunker the Rockets need to seriously consider blowing this up.

Love Harden, but he’s not a leader. McHale was right and he gave a specific example of what happened when James tried to lead.

Yeah his teammates missed a lot of open shots. It happens and it’s not like James has been setting it on fire with his shooting either.

And people saying they’d sulk too if their teammates missed shots like that....well that’s why you wouldn’t be a good leader either. That’s not what leaders do. They uplift their guys even when things aren’t going well and give them confidence. They don’t have a mental pity party. And then there’s the whole defense thing...last night was awful by James. Blow by after blow by. Way more often than usual. How can you be a leader when you are sulking and look like you aren’t even trying on defense?

I give this team this year and then I’d blow it up if they don’t at least get close to a finals appearance.

1Deep, daywalker02 and J.R. like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Given the WB contract and 40 million a year owed to Harden, they won't blow it up this year, heck, they might even give them another year under a different coach.

I agree with y'all, Pure Moreyball is about to die.
    They need to find a hybrid version with Defense as new maxim.

Shuffle personnel.
    And midrange is still helpful.

#176 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

John Stockton and Malone were the worse leaders.

Rocket River

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

Quotes from The Never Ending Big Book of Harden’s Excuses by his delusional diehards.

Coach’s fault, not enough help, maybe he’s injured, he looks tired, he’s out of gas, back to back game, leadership doesn’t matter, his teammates suck, league hates him, refs have an agenda, it’s just 1 game, his usage is crazy, cheap owner, he’s not getting calls, he needs more talent around him, he’s being double-teamed

There’s always some rebuttal or excuse to deflect blame elsewhere for our failures.... anywhere, anything, anyone but absolutely
    not Harden. Never that.

Anybody that holds Harden accountable for anything will be reminded of his next 50 point game, how we’re nothing without him and have their fanhoods questioned ..... usually followed by a personal insult.

CapelaOnlyFan and gumbleton3 like this.
  19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah Kwai is such a leader and therefore they won the Championship

Lebron's team sucked last year, but he became a leader this year.

Why not just start a Harden thread about strip clubs or being fat or Curry or
    antetokounmpo as being a great leader of men.

oh well

20. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I still believe. #clutchcity #volume3

Rocket River likes this.