1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

:)

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if it’s only 50 people it shouldn’t be shocking. Warren, Sanders, Biden etc hold the same sane positions on nearly every issue you’ve heard them talk about 100 times. They don’t see their rally’s as a show like Trump does. They aren’t big inspirational once in a generation speakers like Obama.

I think it would be a great place for our politics to be where the next president doesn’t see the presidency as a reality tv show. Yes... would be better if they were Obama level inspirational speakers but that’s not what the presidency is about in the end.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Outsider to what, math?

Or just not being an idiot. Anyway enjoy your bushfire. Peace.

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then Trump is surely innocent.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

but i bet they all know the difference b/t eminent and imminent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2926 jo mama, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damming interview but will there be any actual evidence more than just heresy?

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Worthy of note, not one of these silly bastards were chewing gum.

No Worries likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

American Oversight tweets posted in article format from their web site...

MESSAGES TO PARNAS SUGGEST YOVANOVITCH SURVEILLANCE HAPPENED SAME WEEK AS GIULIANI-POMPEO CALLS
    https://www.americanoversight.org/m...e-happened-same-week-as-giuliani-pompeo-calls

10. NewRoxFan

Gee, I wonder what was different then?

[​IMG]

Nook, Yung-T, KingCheetah and 4 others like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heck you don't even need to go back to the Clinton impeachment for GOP hypocrisy. Just a month and a half ago the talking point of the GOP was that the process was unfair because we weren't hearing from more witnesses and that the process was rushed. Now they are saying we don't need to hear from any witnesses and the process should end as quickly as possible. Remember when Republicans were complaining about hearings being held behind closed doors? McConnell is now saying that he will limit press access and also the ability of Senators to talk to the press during the trial

Nook, Yung-T, jo mama and 3 others like this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Hopefully McConnell can put a plug in any leaks if that’s the case. Or at least not selectively leaks portions of testimony to frame a narrative. That did happen in the House. But for sure, call the witnesses! We’ve come this far, let’s go full ret@rd. I look forward to that.

About the rallies. Who in the hell goes to these things? I mean if you decided to go I’m assuming you’ve already made up your mind who you’re voting for. I can’t see myself ever going unless I worked for a campaign or the candidate was a family member or I was getting a kick back. And to all you future politicians...I’m accepting kick backs. I’m not gonna get dirty like Lev, but I’ll carry a sign and even wear a pu$$y hat.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Gosh, parnas is a russian mobster and can certainly be questionable in terms of what he might say, but he sure brought lots of receipts...

Yung-T, superfob, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Who would believe we are now at the place where ukraine may be less corrupt that the (trump) government...

Yung-T, superfob, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Speaking of hypocrisy...

And yet...

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

souvenir pens!!

17. NewRoxFan

Important... we would have not known about this new evidence had trump and barr had their way...

Nook, Yung-T, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Were these the investigations Trump and his cronies were looking for?

Ukraine opens criminal probe into surveillance of ex-US ambassador

Ukrainian police say they have opened an investigation into the possibility that the former US ambassador came under illegal surveillance before she was recalled from her post.

The announcement on Thursday came two days after Democratic lawmakers in the United States released a trove of documents that showed Lev Parnas, an associate of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, communicating about the removal of Marie Yovanovitch as the ambassador to Ukraine.

The Ukrainian Interior Ministry, which runs the police forces, said in a statement that Ukrainian police "are not interfering in the internal political affairs of the United States."

"However, the published messages contain facts of possible violations of Ukrainian law and of the Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, which protect the rights of diplomats on the territory of another state," the statement continued.

The Interior Ministry also said it has invited the FBI to take part in the investigation.

In another move touching on the impeachment of Mr Trump, Ukraine said it was opening an investigation into reports that Russian hackers gained access to computers of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma.

Hunter Biden, the son of Mr Trump's presidential opponent, former US vice president Joe Biden, was on the board of that company.

The impeachment inquiry began with allegations that Mr Trump had tried to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy into investigating Burisma by withholding promised military aid.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Parnas: "Attorney General Barr was basically on the team".

In normal circumstances, on a professional ethical basis, Barr would recuse himself and not be allowed to oversee any of these. But criminal organization doesn't care about ethics.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  20. mick fry

mick fry Member

This was not a joyful issuance of pens, this was a very somber moment. Pelosi just had those pens laying around for such a somber moment, stop judging her!