1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. It’s the self righteous victimhood. Truth is subjective in regards to Bernie.

I still think he’s a carpetbagger who needed the Dem funding apparatus to do anything. Just expect everyone to roll out the carpet because you decide to finally join the party?

#1381 dmoneybangbang, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

And good for you falling for someone whose proposals aren’t realistic but is “principled”.

I prefer action over some honorable old fool.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think candidates have different goals in their primaries. For Bernie he wants to express is ideal system of government and social polices. Doesn't mean he won't compromise as the head executive.

His ideal situation is Medicare for all. My main issue with his proposal is a lack of a substantial transition period.

4. dmoneybangbang

And Bernie rightfully got grilled about how to go from “an ideal system of government and social policies” to putting in practice....

That’s text book populism, just because Bernie isn’t a Trump doesn’t mean their campaigns arent a bunch of hot air.

5. fchowd0311

To me, hot air is pure pandering without ever holding these principles in your heart.

Bernie has been expressing the exact same issues and solutions for 30+ years. I don't call that hot air.

Trump pandering about the wall is hot air as he never cared about that stuff in his adult life until he had to pander to a gop base.

#1385 fchowd0311, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  6. dmoneybangbang

It’s the primaries. I don’t disagree but Bernie and his supporters just turn me off in a way that I can’t shake.

I’ll vote for Bernie and secretly hope his Bernie Bros get butt fungus.

jiggyfly, joshuaao and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:eek: sharts fired!

Invisible Fan, RayRay10 and Ottomaton like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Damn you are taking Bernie Bros personally aren't you.

9. dmoneybangbang

Toe-mato/ Tah-mato.

Populism is populism no matter it’s in your heart. Well wishes, clean conscience, and principled doesn’t make one a good president in itself.

10. dmoneybangbang

Not really, I just find them insufferable and uncompromising twats, much like Trump supporters.

Come on... butt fungus...

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Fair enough but being principled is a trait that is very high on my list personally.

12. fchowd0311

Eh.

Bernie fanatics because they are idealists who love a principled candidate.

Trump fanatics because he hated them same people they hate.

Entirely different motivations that matter.

One stems from uncompromising idealism and the other stems of hate of others. One is more healthy for the country than the other.

13. dmoneybangbang

They both want their idealized worlds and both don’t seem very good at compromising. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Ottomaton likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Lol. The cult who Slavishly accept the narrative of the mainstream media with the NYT and Bezo’s paper as the extreme limit of reasonable liberal, left or progressive reasonable thought and are laughed at by many in the world. Hence lots of folks wo med Insurance, perpetual war, the clownish Trump etc

or a favorite example. The conservatives propose 2 strikes and life in prison. The NYT liberals of Clinton say 4 strikes and they do 3 strikes. Moderation. Compromise is moderate hence reSsonable

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Bad onyou and really sort of sad for being content with so many other justices and thinking it makesyou sophisticated intelligent and moderate

16. dmoneybangbang

I have no idea what this nonsense means.

Sounds like you agree there’s an overlap between trump and Bernie supporters.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm willing to give Warren some more chances, should she own up and ask for them.

But she better start muscling up on her credibility gap or the oppo narrative will gain even more traction.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Must have been angry typing to miss so many spaces.

19. dmoneybangbang

Bernies Bros go out of their way to feel victimized and it’s just off putting...

Your boy is a carpet bagger who never played the game so he gets treated differently. Obama played the game and cut the line but he was also already a democrat playing the game.

It’s not rocket science. Bernie has his principles but what else? If he becomes president, it’s going to be worse than Obama because he won’t have the support to push through his ideology. I’ll vote for Bernie because trump is that bad but this dude is more overrated than Donovan Mitchell.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

CNN screwed over Bernie last time giving Hillary the debate questions.

Doing it again now

DreamShook likes this.