1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Handwritten notes by "his client" meaning rudy. As you can see, the goal was to get an investigation of Biden announced...

2. NewRoxFan

Seems like new evidence worth discussing at, say, an impeachment trial?

peleincubus likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Hmm... I don't know, but maybe mr. parnas would make an interesting witness in a trial?

peleincubus and RayRay10 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

I like how all of trump's lawyers are involved. All of them...

5. NewRoxFan

6. NewRoxFan

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Notice the wording Giuliani uses in his "request" for a meeting with the newly elected President of Ukraine? It reads more like a demand, to me, when you consider that this is the President-elect of a huge European nation, and Rudy is an American attorney who happens to be representing the President of the United States.

"In my capacity as personal counsel to President Trump and with his knowledge and consent, I request a meeting with you on this upcoming Monday, May 13th or Tuesday, May 14th. I will need no more than a half-hour of your time and I will be accompanied by my colleague Victoria Toensing, a distinguished American attorney who is very familiar with this matter."

What matter? He doesn't even mention what it's about, and who is Victoria Toensing? Seems to me that she would make a very interesting witness. This gets stranger and stranger. As for the hint that Mr Biden, the Vice-President's son, might be called as a witness, fine! Call him. I think he would make the Republican side of the aisle look foolish.

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

This is getting deeper and deeper...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Victoria Toensing and her husband were approached to represent trump. They are frequent guests on fox news.

She/they are now scrambling to distance themselves from these clearly illegal activities... though the email from trump lawyer jay sekulow clearly states trump approved her/them representing parnas.

Deckard likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

... instead, we call this Tuesday.

Rashmon, RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

fox news preparing speaking points for trump defense in the event that bolton does testify at the republican senate trial for impeached president trump.

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

This is all very disturbing. You’d think a next step would be to confirm the whereabouts of the Hyde that time period and snatch up his communications. It wouldn’t surprise me If Lev Parnas gets discredited, even more so than Michael Coehn. The napkin notes and spreadsheet are easily produced after the fact.

Even if it does gets swept under the rug or shrugged off, it the fact these two goons are running around like mobsters needs to be thoroughly investigated. It’s starting to look like Rudy fell in with the wrong crowd. Or that may be the narrative that results from this. He may ultimately end up being the fall guy.

I’d be shocked if Parnas is able to testify. This guy operates around the law no matter what country he’s operating in. International gangster if you will.

If I were Nancy, I’d hold the articles and announce that in light of these new revelations to House will pick up their investigation. It would score BIG political points regardless of the Senate impeachment result.

Edit: she just handed over the articles. Big mistep IMO.

14. NewRoxFan

This touches on report that robert hyde, the current republican congressional candidate that offered to hire hit men to follow (harass/kill?) the then U.S. ambassador to the ukraine, had been involuntarily committed to a psych ward after saying he was going to be assassinated...

New Figure in Ukraine Scandal Was Taken Into Police Custody at Trump Resort Last Year
    This landscaper-turned-lobbyist claimed the Secret Service and a hit man were after him.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politic...nto-police-custody-at-trump-resort-last-year/

[​IMG]

Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Could you imagine the craziness if Obama did all of this...

T_Man

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This all may be nothing and this guy may be nuts, but I 100% think this should be investigated by the FBI at this point.

A US Ambassador was under surveillance by private citizen hiring people in the Ukraine and relaying that information to a thug in the employ of the President's personal lawyer who was trying to get rid of her. A statement was made that seems to imply having her assassinated. Maybe the assassination part was a joke, but the FBI needs to find out. The worst case scenario is that the president's personal lawyer may have been considering assassinating a US ambassador. The flip side is that the president's personal lawyer employed someone who was working with a nutjob and they told stupid jokes. I think it's really important to find out where on that spectrum the truth falls.

I mean JFC.

Nook, RayRay10, Amiga and 1 other person like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what Jesus wants for America

JuanValdez likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know how we can trust the deep state to investigate itself.

B@ffled likes this.
  19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Well so far, no one has been mysteriously murdered :D

mick fry likes this.
  20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I am 1000% in favor of all of the facts being exposed to the public regarding the impeachment allegations, the FISA abuses, and the Intelligence Community's involvement in our political system. It's a perfect storm to have a reset on what's been going on for years and to come back to an acceptable and ethical way to conduct politics and run our country.