1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Da Return Of Melo Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jan 13, 2020.

?

Answer Quesion

1. Score 30+

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Brick Shots

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. Get Harden In Foul Trouble

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Get Ejected

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. Hit Winning Shot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Do Nothing

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  7. Get a Triple Double

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. omgTHEpotential

When Melo goes off, he goes off for 40 points (on 35 FGA), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 5 TOs.

2. SemisolidSnake

I'm putting my money on him getting his headband somehow entangled with Harden's new headband.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Question is about Melo, not Harden. :D

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Fair enough. The only Blazers games I've caught this season have coincidentally been the ones where Melo has been a positive contributor. I was more so impressed that he's shooting 40% from 3 thus far, but that doesn't really paper over the rest of his deficiencies (and I'm sure he's put together similar stretches of good 3P shooting over his career before regressing to the mean).

Paired with the Melo Reclamation Project media narrative, I thought he was doing better with the Blazers than he actually is. The Blazers were a garbage fire before he got there, but I didn't realize that their winning % has been even lower since he arrived.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is better than House, and we signed him for less. MDA gave up on him way too soon, yet still plays Mr. Insignificant House game after game after game after game after game after game with no significant progress.. I really don't understand the logic.