1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah the offense bill wants to run is not the system for the personnel we have.

2. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Totally agree. Watching other teams throw to wide open receivers makes me ridiculously jealous.

And you’re totally right: when Schaub would roll out and set his feet I would immediately get excited. Sure he was going to underthrow an Andre that had no one near him, but at least Ande was running free! Man I miss those days.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB getting fired is the best offseason move this franchise can ever make.

4. Damion Laverne

Priority #1 - Get Cal McNair a pair of balls
    Priority #2 - Stage a massive protest
    Priority #3 - Kidnap Toro and demand the firing of O'Brien as ransom

PROFIT

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'll believe that when we stop selling out every game.

BigM likes this.
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I waited all morning to get on here hoping to see he has been given his appreciation thread that I know will be filled with loving memories and well wishes for his future endeavors.

keep hope alive and fire the man

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The exact same things being said about BOB now were being debated ad-nauseum towards the end of Kubiak's time here... and yet it still took the team bottoming out at 2-14 to make a change.

Given that this ownership family will do merely what the consultants tell them to do... its apparently going to take that sort of bottoming out for a change to manifest itself (or somehow, they're enamored with one of the coordinators still coaching.. and given that all teams have filled their vacancies, they could conceivably have little competition).

RayRay10, red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Mattician

Mattician Member

If the Texans don't fire Bill O'Brien, fine. I'll accept it. But only if they get a new offensive and defensive coordinator. Obviously an actual GM as well.

Please, Texans ownership. Show me you care more about winning than the money. If nothing really changes, then that just proves the ownership cares more about the money.

Make me feel excited about next season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Only way they fire OB is if they go 3-13 and Watson was actually the qb all 16 games. I don’t think they have the balls to fire OB and actually reach for a SB rather than reaching for division banners.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. A "real" OC. Someone who has "full" control of the offense.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

and not ties to the 'week to week uggs'

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Red.Glare, RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know at least two STH that didn't renew for next year. Seen a few folks selling their PSLs too.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There is turnover every year... and until the 15K waiting list of people all turn down the chance, there will be replacements for them.

If there is a price value drop of PSL or season ticket, now would be the time to jump on it. Even though its quite the commitment year after year, their overall value has gone up since the inaugural season.

Football remains the one season ticket that is actually easy enough for fans to attend mostly all games. Much harder to think about going to 41 home basketball games, the majority of them on weeknights.

raining threes and MadMax like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Problem is that STH can't even sell 80% of their tickets for face value. The folks I talked too didn't even make a profit selling the Wild card game. The Texans have raised their prices to the point that there is not incentive to keep tickets.
    You can just buy them on the secondary market for 10%-50% less for most games.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OB press conference and he can’t answer nothing ..... smdh

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Since BoB was hired in 2014, every other team in the AFC South has made it to the AFC championship game.

Sad.

19. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Oh I remember those days. I think Kubiak is a better offensive mind than BOB but towards the end it felt like teams figured out how to stop his offense and he couldn’t or wouldn’t make adjustments, either because of Schaubs limitations or stubbornness.

However I have never seen people running as wide open in BOBs offense as they did in kubiaks.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but how many division champs did those teams win? Brian???

Rudyc281 likes this.