1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 6, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Honestly looked like Ravens receivers couldn't get open.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ok, they were not wide open, but they had some balls that went through their hands. Gotta catch those.

Titans have won rather easily the last 2 playoff gsmes ON THE ROAD. They are going to be a tough out, for sure.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Doesn’t matter if you don’t want to see the Titans advance in the playoffs, if you’re a Texans fan this is 100% what you wanted to see. Crazy fortunate that the Texans can make the super bowl and avoid the Ravens. Now have to put in the work.

YOLO, BigShasta and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Texans can capitalize, this situation is great.

If not, it's a disaster.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Doesn't help that Jackson can't throw an accurate pass. Anything past 10 yards was a wobbler. Great defensive plan by Vrabel. Jackson broke for a few long runs in that 4th and I was afraid Tennessee was gassed, but they held on and stopped 4th down conversions.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sort of, maybe. I don’t really care what other teams do and if KC ultimately gets to the Super Bowl then the Titans aren’t really any further along anyways. Bottom line is that we needed the Titans to beat the Ravens to drastically improve our chances of making the Super Bowl. That happened and we should be happy about it.

Gray_Jay and mikol13 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He actually reminds me a little more of an old-time Vikings back named Robert Smith, running kind of upright but always with his shoulders parallel to the goal line somehow. Really impressive game, but it seems like people are underrating the 3 turnovers a bit.

Gray_Jay and mikol13 like this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Titans starting look like the "team of destiny." Texans have a golden opportunity to host a championship game. Sorry to say, I don't have a lot of confidence in them beating KC.

9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I remember Robert Smith---being a fan of The Cure didn't hurt---but don't remember him as a punishing runner like either George or Henry. Bit more elusive, did a lot of things well. Decent underrated fantasy guy, IIRC.

I mainly remember him for how surprising his sudden retirement was.

3-0 turnovers is a big deal, but Henry still went for 30/195. If the Ravens had defended him better, the turnovers might not have been as lethal as they turned out.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

yeah, E George is the best comparison.
    Natrone Means was really punishing for a brief time, but he never had speed like Henry’s, I don’t think.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Cold weather could hurt KC this week or next week. That levels the playing field immediately.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

"Natrone Means Business!" Fun Chargers teams.

Everybody's faster and bigger now. Been a few years, but I want to say it was Chuck Klostermann writing about Shaune Merriman, that he was as big as Anthony Munoz, yet ran like Jerry Rice. It's only gotten sillier since then.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Seattle has to get Russ some playmakers, or they going to waste his talent.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

C'mon Green Bay defense... As a niners fan, I'd much rather face the Packers than Russel Wilson

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

All time great aaron rodgers showing he still got it

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Rodgers big problem right now is that he is throwing using a fade-away move way too much even with no pressure. Eventually, that catches up with you. Mahoney does it too but they have so much firepower he can get away with it. Both have strong arms but at the wrong time it will bite u in the ass.

17. Buck Turgidson

Now at least I have someone to root for/against...**** the Titans. Anyone but Tennessee.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member