1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team won the trade: HOU or OKC, 6 months later

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jan 9, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Because of harden Jesus. Wow some people are dense

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Westbrook is the better player at this point in their careers, but I won't officially make a ruling on this trade for two to three years. Need to see postseason performances and the success/failure of players drafted.

mikol13, da_juice and BamBam like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Banking on him being healthy has been a fools errand the past 2-3 years.

Yes , he's a great player .... yes , he's having a great season.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

s3ts and roslolian like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

if it happens, it happens. I'm not waiting for it.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol Westbrook has had some big games against the best teams.......have you forgot the big game against the Clippers in LA where he pumped them ? He was big in the win against the Nuggets as well, and Miami as well. He has also played well in both games against the Thunder

Amazing how people over react on here just because of 1 loss against a players former team

some people just give Harden all the credit......

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol it is not the same schedule. I love the over reactions in this thread to one loss. It would be a dead thread had the Rockets beat the Thunder the other night. This place goes in to meltdown after losses.

Westbrook has played well in several games and gives you more than Paul does statistically and in wins at this point in his career. Paul may shoot better, but Russ will get you more wins

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't move the goal post. You didn't just say that Westbrook was a better player. You said that the reason you knew Houston won the trade was because Houston had the better record. And you had the audacity to say that the argument closed the thread.

Anyone who passed high school logic knew the argument didn't hold water. It has nothing to do with whether Westbrook is better than Paul or not.

BTW, in case you haven't read the many threads on this topic, the debate has been going on long before we lost the OKC game.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you didn't ask me. Rockets are winning the trade so far, he is doing exactly what we got him to do for us. Help Harden score and speed the Rockets offence up.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The above post was what I responded to. Do you still stand by it? Do you still think that Houston having the better record ends the argument?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what you think. This thread is not about the loss to OKC, as you apparently think. So I am done with this conversation.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

JAMES HARDEN won the trade.
    CP got cross-ways with James and CP got flipped for
    his good buddy WB. Problem solved.
    Many people think this was a 'Morey move'. I purely see it as a
    'keep your MVP superstar happy' move

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol you what i think, then say it really doesn't matter what i think......................

Rockets won the trade no doubt

we got the better player who gives us what we need. Proper help for Harden, another guy who can get the other team in to foul trouble and a flat out scorer

we might keep the draft picks yet if we turn out really bad in 4 years time

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Thunder won, they got a year off of a declining players contract.

DD

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What I mean is that I expect it to happen ... and based upon past history. He's had a lengthy stay on the trainers table the last 3 seasons and is only getting older ...

Couple other things I'd like to point out CP3 is playing like CP3 again , not like the Rockets want him to play. He's taking and making those mid range shots.

He was one of the few players that didn't put up better numbers playing with Harden - Just wasn't enough basketballs. (Westbrook isn't gonna average a triple double either).

Maybe he just wasn't a good fit for the offense ?

The idea of another ball dominant guard next to Harden is just a poor one - You are better off with a high quality 3D guy in the other guard spot and having a star 3 or 4 to pair him with. Problem is , there aren't many of those guys around.

We're stuck with Russ for now .... may as well make the best of it. He's maddeningly frustrating to watch sometimes but .... likely extends the window a year or two beyond what you'd get with CP3.

Worst problem is the lack of quality wings and ownership that's too damn cheap to fix it , would rather dump assets in the trash can to avoid paying the tax than putting better players around two league MVP's.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We got raped in the trade...

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Rockets won the trade. Which team is a title contender? The Rockets. Who got younger? The Rockets. Who got rid of their ego problem and ended up keeping their EGo? The Rockets.

The Rockets always win. I'm not sure how you Thunder-people look in your Rocket-mirror.

roslolian likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Rockets have the second best winning percentage in the west when Westbrook has played

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not if we fall away in 2021 or 2024 or 2026 and we finish with a bottom four record.......we keep our pick if we land a top 4 pick

roslolian likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

As demonstrated by … ???

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

#YuleC

In the playoffs...
    During the draft nights...

Oh pain to come, how I fear you so...

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Part of the reason Harden's playing great is cuz his BFF is playing alongside him. He ok'd the Cp3 for WB trade and Morey followed through. He probably feels great for having his wish granted like when Shaq got traded due to Kobe, Kobe put up some crazy stats.

Harden is an emotional player like when he played like ass when he was feuding with Dwight and when he lost his MVP to Curry. If Morey and ownership ignored his trade requests he probably wouldnt be balling like this today.