1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Apr 11, 2017.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

My bad, then. I just get tired of seeing "Harden isn't in shape!" postings. The guy's probably played as many minutes as anyone in the league over the last 5 years and is in great shape. "Harden isn't skinny!" would be more accurate. The dude is in great shape.

Patience and Blackjack84 like this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

You think hardens being emotional because a major trade is incoming ? I dunno how else to explain his fall off, he went from elite to scrub ... maybe he’s doing it on purpose

3. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

u must have never watched NBA basketball before......There are ups and downs bozo Harden is just fine anand so are the Rockets dont start these r****ded azz threads

Elephant810 likes this.
  4. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

go away

Emtenndo likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You're replying to 3 year old comments dude. Contain the emotion.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Usage rate is to high thats whats wrong with him. They need an offense that doesn't rely on James having to be super-human

RocketRed84, fattz and bro2044 like this.
  7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm actually legitimately concerned about how Harden is playing in regards to winning basketball.

I've always been on his side and defended him, understanding the necessity of his hero-balling last season when CP3 was out for so long, but it seems like he never really reverted to his prime-self (2yrs ago) that worked better within the team framework.

I'm not saying he doesn't involve teammates. He gets assists, and to say so is hyperbole, but....

This year I'm worried. He takes step-backs a LOT.... when it's completely unnecessary, and even as a high-difficulty shot that is less difficult to him.... he has teammates just standing around around even as he's double-teamed that can be involved, and MUCH earlier in the shot clock. Don't get me wrong, that's also on coaching, and James is incredible, but... dribbling THROUGH 2 players..... slow behind the back passes.... long dribbling..... fishing for the foul when a shot is there.....if he gives the ball up he stands back and watches...giving up open midrange shots to backup and take a guarded three...

It just seems like he and MDA are making it harder than it HAS to be, and I don't understand why. Sure, we only have 2 other real play-makers, but you done NEED play-makers to score a basket if you incorporate actual plays between the players on the floor. Our system seems to have turned into an ugly version of itself, a caricature of what it should be, and we aren't gathering any momentum.

If we're going to really take it to teams, and get a winning streak of any kind going... Harden has to play smarter. In baseball you dont always "just" try for a homerun for a winning play. When you're racing, you're not always going to be at your top speed. In tennis not every hit is for the point. Theres adjustment, and setup, and with other professionals around you... there has to be more setup and utilization of higher probability basket-making.

I'm not blaming Hatden, teammates also have to hit their open shots (omfg the missed threes and layups last night, f me...), and coaching is a big part of it, but Harden is our lead.

He has to be better than what he's doing, and that doesnt mean more points, or more minutes, or that he's at-fault.

I just don't know if we can win anything meaningful unless he becomes a smarter version of himself.

jelanit, CK Johnson, bj3175 and 2 others like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

He just ran out of gas. Once he refuels, he'll be fine.

Erbnwarfare and D-rock like this.
  9. sheb

sheb Member

Not even half way through the season

RocketRed84 likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden needs to bring the ball up the floor quicker and he needs be more diverse in what he is doing.

I'm tired of seeing him walk the ball up the court barely escaping 8 second calls.

Then he holds the ball for another 7 seconds. Then maybe passes it to guys used to standing around watching him.

RocketRed84 and bro2044 like this.
  11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

takes a while to recover from those ATL strip clubs

RocketRed84 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ankle may still be bothering him too.

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Lol what a moronic thread. B2B game against a solid OKC team....

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So because he's had a couple of bad games in a row (off back to back ROAD games against a DAMN good OKC team no less), all of a sudden it's got your mind working that he's tanking the season as retribution for some made up trade??? Is that really the first thing that pops into your head? Not fatigue, not him just being cold because it's a sport where that happens from time to time, not an OKC defense that's actually pretty decent and underrated....nope, it's gotta be Conspiracy Theory #3674....he's tanking the season because the Rockets are about to trade Russell Westbrook. Welcome to the GARM in 2020, folks. This is where this board is nowadays.

Richie_Rich and Reeko like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He told me he'd player better if they'd just let Hartenstein on the floor.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rockets were off Jan 4-7. Probably some partying. Takes a while to get going after time off

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Needs to shoot that wide open mid range shoot when open instead of stepping back and chucking up a contested 3. That's just the thing I noticed the most last night, his refusal to shoot the mid range shot.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

When he Hartenstein's balls drop we'll play him more. Gotta show alot more that he wants it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. sheb

sheb Member

Dude, he had four days off it's not fatigue.
    Harden is a very emotional player, just look at his antics on the court
    I'm not saying its a bad thing, but we've all seen harden pout on the court
    Also something similar to this happened when he as was dating the Kardashian
    All I'm saying is that maybe something is going to go down that harden isn't happy with.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is astonishingly stupid...please stop

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.