1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to Hate the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

deb4rockets, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Indeed this thread is dumb. And indeed what you say above is kind of true.

That said, long response this thread doesn't deserve...

...to the extent I am extremely frustrated with the Rockets, its even less about the above and more about play-style. What do I mean? Well, sure, the team has holes. MDA is solid, but not great. Their forward position has been **** for years - I have a thread from early 2018 about how bad it was and it's only gotten worse. But with all that Harden does his thing usually, the math behind the system works 95% of the time, and they win a lot, even if not championship level. And sometimes that happens. In fact... that often happens. See Jazz, Sonics, Suns, Knicks, Pacers, etc. of old. See Clippers, see Raptors (until they got EXTREMELY lucky in many many ways - Lebron left, Kawhi came, GSW got decimated), current Celtics, current Rockets. Heck, the Cavs of Lebron's second time would have fallen in this list themselves but for GSW deteriorating for 3 games.

I'd rather "my team" not be in this group and break through - whether by luck or otherwise. But what happens will happen.

My frustration is... while the Eddie Johnson's of the world's are CLEARLY idiots... threes are here to stay and they absolutely should be a huge part of every offense now... this Rocket's era style IS uniquely frustrating to watch. Harden can be one of the greatest offensive weapons EVER ... AND still be frustrating to watch at times. Let's face it, it's frustrating to see a dude at times dribble for 10 seconds, it's frustrating to see a dude at times beat a guy, see a lane close down, and not take a FT line jumper only to circle back to the 3 point line to start it over. And it's not just Harden. It's frustrating that they have no real plays for the 5% of the time the offense isn't working. It's frustrating when another team is finding something that works (typically a great guard/big pick and roll) and they have no ability - coaching, or intuitively, to adjust in any way. It's frustrating that Russ can't hit layups, it's frustrating that PJ Tucker can be SO SO valuable, while also being such a liability at times, that the role players are either "meh" or by virtue of the system have become "meh" if they aren't hitting.

Again... even with all this it works 95% of the time. And teams have bad games. And this was a back to back. And, etc. All noted.

Which is why to me... it's not about the loss last night. Frankly, I think it was a GOOD loss. They need these losses. Their heads get big otherwise and they don't see the obvious holes. It's not about the loss... it's about the frustrating things above are there in wins and losses. Sometimes, heck often, it all works. The role players hit enough threes, Harden hits his shots, Russ does his thing even if inefficiently, the other team isn't on fire and doesn't have a successful play they can go to over and over... and the system just works. But it's still super frustrating to watch.

just my two cents. They ain't changing. I'm rooting for wins.

harold bingo and bulkatron like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Dear Harden,

Please play better.

Thank you.
    Hater.

clos4life, Smacktle, Nook and 2 others like this.
  4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

All these dudes would’ve slit their wrist in the Moochie Norris, Steve Francis headache era.

Reeko, clos4life, Smacktle and 3 others like this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

slothy420 likes this.
  6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We as Rockets fans have to admit the following:
    1. We've seen this movie before, big season by James, flame out in playoffs. His shot goes awry and he becomes disinterested.
    2. MDA makes zero adjustments if our 3s aren't falling
    3. The players energy tells you they are board watching James play 1 on 1 or throw the rock to them late in the shot clock
    4. We run a gimmick trick defense, so that James ins't exposed. However, he doesn't rebound enough to be in the paint.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

We are 7-8 in our last 15 and that is with some bad teams on the schedule. It isn’t going to work with Harden and Westbrook. Wish I was wrong but I am not.

8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

There is currently 3 "I've grown to hate" threads on the hot topic area of the homepage.

Wish this would pop up first when things like this happen

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What? We’re 10-5 in our last 15 games.

Reeko, Blurr#7, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fixed

juanm34 and glenadyll like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Their parents did when they were toddlers.

They were bounced around foster care and as such we have "grown to hate threads."

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I always read it as: RocketsElf.

[​IMG]

Roc Paint, BeBreezy, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This ain't it Chief

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do too

Smacktle likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More liek rocketsAlf

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

****, that era was way more fun than Stacy and Dwight imo. At least Steve bleeds Houston and isn’t a twat.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s a fact!

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Uneducated, insensitive, hot tempered folks who simply either don’t understand basketball, never played a sport in their lives, or judgmental. Like I said in a lot of my posts. If someone watches a video of you performing at your cozy corporate job or labor job what world they say? How would you feel if these people criticize every little thing? Things they have little information or knowledge about? What if they advocate your bosses firing you? What if they said you sucked even though you’ve been a professional for years or managing for years involved in hugely successful campaigns and projects yet they still say you suck? How would you feel? Ok well then shut up. Get outta my face with your bullshit.

Smacktle likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can't blame the people. Besides the handful of delusional fans here the majority know that this team is a joke. This team gets capped on all media platforms. If your thing is to sip kool aid then by all means get your money little duffle bag boy.

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If enough of us motion, can we ban OP, clutch? These high school kids having accounts here are getting out of control.

deb4rockets likes this.