1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Star voting second returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 9, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You guys should really stop complaining. Steph Curry is usually one of the top 4 vote getters and with Luka getting so popular, Harden is fortunate that he actually has a place at guard.

I know I know, fan voting is idiotic, nba is a joke, blah blah. Most of you all don't even care about the all Star game. So just saying, Harden being 2nd in guard voting with Lukas rise is actually surprising lol. I thought it would be Luka/Curry.

2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

What are the realistic chances that Capela makes the All-Star game as a reserve?

He currently leads the entire Western Conference in rebounds, barely ahead of Gobert.

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

the coaches vote for 2 guards, 3 frontcourt, and 2 of any position for the 7 reserves

so assume pg13/jokic are locks. that probably leaves you with 2 slots that capela could potentially get in. But that pool would consists of the likes of Gobert/KP/Aldridge/Harrell/KAT/Adams just off the top of my head. Take your pick haha

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

damn capela has a higher PER and PPG and RPG now than Gobert. Along with a higher team record.

cappella actually has a chance

YOLO likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

he does have a credible case for himself. the thing is the rockets sending 3 to chicago is pretty doubtful. This is assuming wb gets in of course

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I see Morley has lost us the Chinese vote.....o_O

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

check that. the jazz and rockets have essentially the same record.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you're probably right. you have to have a overwhelming record like a few teams have when the pistons and warriors have when they sent 4 players. or when the stats are more evenly spread, meaning harden having a few less ppg and capela having more.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Why should we vote for Capela?
    He doesn't deserve it.
    Neither does Westbrook.
    I'm voting for neither of them to be a starter.

You can't make fun of the Curry and the Caruso votes and then go and ask for people to vote for Clint to make it over Lebron and AD and Westbrook over Doncic.:rolleyes:
    Don't be hypocrites.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

were not talking about capela over those guys. it's about the reserves. at least that's what I was. CC has no chance of being a starter. I think he has a case as a reserve though. If Deandre Jordan can make the all star team in his career so can Capela

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think the league office chooses donovan over westbrook for sure -- gotta promote the up&coming horses

maybe even devin booker as well

12. malakas

malakas Member

Our votes isn't for the reserves. Fans vote only for the starters

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i know that. and even then the fans don't control the entire list of starters

14. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

They weren't going to let Doncic be a team captain over Qing James.

Harden should obviously be the first selection in the all star game draft but both LeBron & Giannis don't seem to like/want to play with him. He was 2nd to last (7th out of 8) to get picked last year in the draft.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If this was a real game then yes Harden should be first pick but in an all star game Harden deserves to be second to last pick. He is awful in these games. Gives least amount of effort and only jacks threes.

16. macan

macan Member

why tf that caruso guy has more votes than D.Mitchell..
    why tf stephanie has so many votes he ain't even playing this season..
    should just cancel this fans voting system man...it's all bs

17. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Hopefully Russ makes the team

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ahhh no it was no wqy he wqs gonna be higher then hqrden this year bro. guy hurt. i never thought that.

im actuqlly surprise they listing lbj at front cpurt when his positiom os list3d qt gaurd on his team.

all nba teams gonna be cut throqt this year