1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's actually 10 and it's not the biggest. the titans/balt game has the same spread

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I think +10 spread is too big. Already placed a bet on Texans +10.5 and Vikings +7.5

I really hope Watson and the boys can keep it close. Fuller will be crucial so I really hope he's truly back and it can make a difference.

Frank Drebin likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree on Texans, by a little.

But the Vikings could get mauled in San Francisco, a team with a still-underrated coach. The 49ers defensive line will have their ears pinned back and ready to go. I could honestly see the defense scoring enough to cover an 8-point spread, even if Jimmy G struggles. But we'll see of course.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just saw the presser. He said all the injured guys in general are trending in the right direction with the exception of 1 or 2 players he doesn't want to get into. these may or may not be Fuller or JoJo

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Everyone please take the time to enjoy this game.

You have the two premiere young quarterbacks of this generation going head-to-head in the playoffs. This is new the Brady-Manning rivalry in the NFL. Your franchise is so lucky to be a part of this greatness.

Yes, of course I'm rooting for the Texans, but I want to see great performances from both players. As a fan of the game of football, I don't want to see Mahomes like he was last time these two teams played -- struggling with an ankle injury. There is no joy in watching that. I want a shootout and a high scoring affair from both sides where hopefully Watson will work his magic at the end and deliver a victory.

That's what every NFL fan should wish for -- a highly competitive game that becomes an instant classic as the first chapter of Mahomes vs. Watson.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Since their last loss against the Titans, they have given up 17, 9, 16, 3, 3 and 21 points. Granted, not exactly against stellar competition. The game before that was the one they lost against the Titans, giving up 35 points and 225 yards on the ground.

Hopefully the Texans get way more creative relative to using Deshaun as a rushing option - not just in scrambling, but in designed plays. They need to control the ground game. The Chiefs both know that, AND have gotten better against the run. Got to incorporate Deshaun. With that and Will Fuller, I think they can generate enough offense to compete and make it a pick'em down the stretch.

Hank McDowell and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

That’s is why I didn’t want to play Baltimore not bcuz I was scared of Baltimore or anything like that just as a fan of football this is the match up I wanted to see as a fan. Not playing the ravens and watching Lamar just run everywhere yeah he’s exciting but I want to see Watson vs Mahomes air it out and see a true duel of 2 of the most young exciting QBs in the league.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

In the 2nd Chargers game, The Chargers were so undisciplined that they gave that away. Mahomes should have had 3 INTs (called back by penalties) and Rivers was shredding the Chiefs' D but the offense kept getting penalties.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I see. It doesn't seem like Mahomes was blowing and going during the stretch. Just doing what he needed to, but only one 300 yard game

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I still think Mahomes is injured. He does need Surgery on that knee cap.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BO'B is going to revoke Berman's press credentials for filming practice :D

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's all i want, a competitive game where we don't get blown out. If we lose cause of a dumb play, it will b frustrating, but hell it's a lot better than getting ass blasted.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  15. ths balla

ths balla Member

any update on Watt post first game back?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

His fiancé got traded... he's moving to Chicago.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Whoa, you’re right, they’ve definitely stepped it up some defensively. I’m still not sold on them as being a dangerous defense, but there’s no denying that they have definitely improved.

18. AB423

AB423 Member

The spread of 9, 9.5 and 10 has had the underdog cover at a rate of roughly 80% the last 7 years and the underdog winning straight up 35% of the time.

RustyHarden likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

gambling is gambling. anything can happen from the unlikely to the likely. following any type of "trend" gets people in trouble. but if you're taking this game good luck

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

How can I bet on games?