1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[SHAMS] Rockets waive Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 7, 2020.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Good pickup for the Lakers.

Morey had to waive him because the Rockets are slightly over the luxury tax line. Tilman ain't paying no damn luxury tax.

Tilman clearly bought the team just to show off to his rich friends. He's not about winning a title, I'm sure he's perfectly fine with a second round exit every year. We're basically the Portland Trailblazers now, a team with a loyal star player but owners who don't care about winning it all.

Der Rabbi, Gray_Jay and Jontro like this.
  2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I had a feeling something like this might happen. Let’s see what happens from here, MAAAAAYBE we pick up somebody with that open spot (Jeff Green maybe)?

Clark has the measurables and all but he never really put anything together consistently when he got the minutes. So it’s not like we let a key rotation player go.

D-rock likes this.
  3. farhen

farhen Member

we better sign some scapegoat soon

Der Rabbi likes this.
  4. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

One reason....They improved greatly doing this last year, yeah they started from suck, but made great strides. They failed to beat the warriors, again but so did everyone else and again the mix didn't come through. So here we are again, sitting 3rd seed at 24-11, let's see if we improve or stand pat...all I ask for is improvement, if that doesn't happen, yeah he's a cheap bastage, if he can win a chip on a budget, scoreboard he's the smartest guy in the room! I have to admit, I root for the jersey's and who's wearing them, way more than the organization. Go Rockets!

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He went to the Lakers?! Man I am even more pissed off now!!!! **** you Tilman!!!!!

Corrosion, Rocket River and Jontro like this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am calling it right now: Gary Clark will become a serviceable rotational player in this league once he gets shot going

Rocket River and pr0wler like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actions are louder than words.

DD

Gray_Jay, Nook and J Sizzle like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It was a joke

D-rock likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

not an unexpected one. Just waiting firework.

#169 DeBeards, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Im bothered by this... but in no way shape or form gettin rid of Clark, FOR WHATEVER REASON, hurts this team going forward. So everyone whining can stfu. Seriously.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering as of now, its one less player actually able to play and its merely a cost cutting move. but cool lets have PJ with no minutes help in site period

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Rahat always spewing....ofcourse its the overriding aspect in all of the decisions made...its a business before it is anything else...plus these moves don't do anything for us...and frankly... i think, as I do... the Rockets have enough right now to WIN Anyways.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you think that. that's you. there's others that don't

Nook and Deckard like this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

If that was him you can bet your ass Tilman is on this board as well, maybe even in this thread arguing for how this move makes sense and how Clark is overrated.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Although it is true that I’m not a fan of D’Antoni.

I feel I can see the big picture and I question your fondness of D’Antoni may be clouding your judgement.

The D’Antoni success in Houston can and is attributed to the success of Harden. Harden will take this team
    as far as Harden goes.....and that means facing sounder better rounded teams that can play both offense and
    defense and limit Hardens magnificence.

Then D’Antoni becomes a shell of the greatness you may see......much like he was in New York or L. A..
    Ignoring defense, other than just saying we need to try harder, tends to lead to your own teams distruction.

But hey, who knows, maybe it might work where we can outscore every team with mostly guards that
    usually don’t do a good job at rebounding, boxing out or blocking shots. Maybe we will get lucky.

If Harden went down with injury.....your glass house would come down and shatter. Westbrook wouldn’t matter.

#176 ApacheWarrior, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Could you imagine. Tilman if you are reading this, I don't like you

joshuaao, J Sizzle, treyk3 and 3 others like this.
  18. omgTHEpotential

Cleverly disguised evasive post to avoid suspicion of being the real Tilman.

19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i......just......wanna ONE name to blame for! just giv'me ONE f*cking name!
    [​IMG]

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No reaction as of yet .

Depends on what / if we do with the open spot. If we leave it empty then obviously then I’ll be irked .

Morey is good . But he might not even want to / have the green light to play ball right now.